Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Straightening Short Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lovamelin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lovamelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Straightening Short Hair
    Posted: December 01 2011 at 9:14am
Just to be clear I am a guy with shorter hair aprox 2-3 inches.  I'm letting it grow out at the behest of my wife.  And despite all her knowledge with hair she obviously wouldn't be one to know much about straightening hair as short as mine.  I have seen a multitude of suggestions in my short amount of research.  Everything from actually straight ironing it, getting relaxer treatments at a salon, using shampoos, and of course creams. 

Out of all these options I lean towards a styling product like cream or a gel you put in while wet.  Shampoos aren't really an option because I use medicated shampoo.  A straightening conditioner could perhaps work.  My hair is not, nor will it ever be, long enough to warrant a straight iron.  That and my hair is more wavy than curly so I don't really need any extreme measures.  From talking to my wife  it seems a salon treatment would be a bit extreme as well.  As such I'm assuming either a straigtening conditioner (which may or may not be sufficient on its own) or styling creams or gels will be best.  What does everyone think or what have you found worked for you?

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic