Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shakira

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shakira
    Posted: December 07 2011 at 2:49pm
OK Kramer, you better sit down for this one...

Shakira has chopped her hair to about her chin...

http:///www.toofab.com/2011/12/07/shakira-haircut-short-hair-photos/

Here is the post on twitter, this happened yesterday afternoon (Dec 6)

http://twitter.com/#!/shakira/status/144253008035856384/photo/1

It looks good, but I will reserve final judgement until we get a better view.
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2011 at 4:52pm
That is definitely not one I would have expected...
I think I'll reserve judgement, too, but so far I don't hate it.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2011 at 9:15pm
HAWG
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2011 at 4:30am
You are right...I would of never thought this would happen.  Doesn't look bad at all...just one of those you have a hard time seeing with shorter hair.  Like to see her perform with the shorter hair...see if I still feel it.
orangenoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangenoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2011 at 5:34am
Wow - What a surprise.  I'm thinking I like it.
P-nut gallery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-nut gallery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2011 at 9:46am
Who is she and where...just kidding
I think i'm in the minority, i don't like it, more disturbed by the ongoing blondeness
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2011 at 10:17am
Originally posted by P-nut gallery P-nut gallery wrote:

Who is she and where...just kidding

I think i'm in the minority, i don't like it, more disturbed by the ongoing blondeness

I doubt that you are in the minority. I simply think that this takes the "fox" out of foxy, leaving only "Y". "Y" indeed?
Rainbow Islands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Islands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2011 at 1:37pm
She's always been way too blonde.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2011 at 3:59pm
I am seated at my kitchen table. And I just lost my appetite.

Another longhair icon bites the dust.
Who has more fun than people?
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2011 at 8:49am
Yup, her next significant change should have been to realize her skintone works much better with brunette hair. 

And here I was hoping that the bob was finally cycling out of popularity again.  I mean when the two primary celebs who jumpstarted the trend this time - Victoria Beckham and Katie Holmes - both have hair below mid-back again, I figured the ship had sailed.  However, it appears that Katy Perry, Shakira, and Julianne Hough are trying to prove me wrong...

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2011 at 9:56am
Maybe this is when the bob jumps the shark? :-)

I like bobs and think certain versions work great on certain people. Sometimes it's a really refreshing, edgy move. But this is not the person or the version. This tame, bland length and plain style doesn't seem to fit Shakira's wild personality at all. And personally, she looks a lot less striking to me now, far more generic and average and easy to overlook.

I suspect she'll suffer one live concert performance in which she can't flip her wavy mane around, and the next day you'll see her with extensions.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2011 at 4:03pm
From beautiful to merely interesting. But I agree with the comments about color. In the early part of her career, as a brunette, she looked awesome (music was better too!)
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2011 at 5:15pm
Is it just me, or does the pic make her nose seem huge?

Originally posted by HAWG HAWG wrote:

CURLYHAIREDCHIK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CURLYHAIREDCHIK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2011 at 10:09pm
Is everyone using this Argan Oil these days???  I want to buy some but I'm not sure if it really works? 
http://www.winarganoil.com/
Rainbow Islands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Islands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2011 at 6:22am
Originally posted by ssjockey ssjockey wrote:

Is it just me, or does the pic make her nose seem huge?
Originally posted by HAWG HAWG wrote:

It does. She also sort of looks like Courtney Love.
Michael1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2011 at 9:22am
Marley Shelton, Scarlett Johansson, Keira Knightley, Jessica Alba, Jennifer Anniston, Olivia Munn, Brooklyn Decker, Anna Faris, Dianna Agron, Ali Larter, Emma Roberts, Mena Suvari, Kathleen Robertson, Cobie Smulders, Aubrey Plaza, Christina Ricci, Yvonne Strahovski, Megyn Kelly, Leelee Sobieski, Chelsea Kane, January Jones, Jill Flint

A quick trip through this year's post turned into a long trip. And that's not counting women like Jessica Stroup who've grown their hair out into a bob.
Skip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2011 at 5:23pm
Award-winner:%20Shakira%20picked%20up%20the%20trophies%20for%20most%20influential%20Latin%20artist%20and%20best%20foreign%20artist%20in%20the%20Spanish%20language%20award

Edited by Skip - December 11 2011 at 5:24pm
P-nut gallery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-nut gallery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 12:16am
Nope, still not feeling it...what a shame.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 5:16am
I actually am starting to feel it...though I think the bangs need to be shorter.
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 7:09am
Somehow, it actually looked better to me in that first twitter pic. But it's still not awful... could be quite cute if taken just a bit shorter -- maybe an inch or two.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic