Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advice: I want a perm but have bleached hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tida View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice: I want a perm but have bleached hair!
    Posted: December 07 2004 at 1:18pm

I have naturally black hair with some blonde chunks. It only took one process to go from black to a nice blonde color. Anyway, this process was more than 4 months ago. Recently, I've been craving to get a soft-curl perm. However, my stylist refuses b/c of my bleached strands. She says that perming will melt the hair off.
I thought 4 months would be sufficient time for my hair to "strengthen" and handle a perm.
Kudos to my stylist for thinking of my hair first, but I REALLY do not want to wait 6 months to grow out and cut the streaks. Is there really no way around this? I want a perm.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2004 at 5:01pm
Hi Tida...this is the delemma, that your Stylist is considering. (you may already know all this...:)

You have two types of hair...The Bleached hair
& Your unbleached Hair.

When perming you have to use the formula that is right for the type of hair your perming.

So, with highlights, if you choose a perm for bleached hair...your natural hair doesn't take well.

And on the other hand, if you choose a perm for normal/resistant hair (your natural uncolored hair) as you can imagine...it will trash the Bleached hair. Not Good!

So yes, she(your Stylist), is simply looking out for you and the integrity of you hair.

Cheers Sophie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic