Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UGH!!! Making myself crazy!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hairwanter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairwanter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UGH!!! Making myself crazy!
    Posted: January 30 2012 at 3:35pm
So Im going to try for the short version of my story....about a yr. ago I wanted to darken up my normal highlights and my stylist applied a glaze (I believe) it was Redken (which is the brand of highlights I have always had). I loved the color, but my hair texture seemed to change from there on, my hair seemed dry and lifeless. Months later I just didnt feel like my hair was "right" I switched from Aveda shamp/cond to WEN. I loved WEN, felt like my healthy hair was back. A few mths later I felt as tho I was loosing an abnormal amount of hair. I switched back to Aveda and switched hairdressers just to switch things up. The new stylist used Aveda hair products, and did highlights with foils and then painted the rest with a dark color (not sure how else to explain this) I loved the color, but the hair loss continued and then I began to have scalp burning. My scalp was red and inflamed. I saw a dermatologist who Rx'd a steroid liquid and advised I use Rogain. I tried both of these and I felt things got worse. The burning worsened, and I now I had flakes. The answer given by the derm was "perhaps you have some depression or anxiety" (Im beginning to think she's right!!!!) I saw multiple doctors after that, my iron was slightly low, so I am taking an iron supplement. My thyroid checked out normal, as did my testosterone, DHT and other various labs. I had my hair colored this same way maybe 3 more times and this last time I had only foils done. The strange thing is I have no burning while the color is processing & no increase in burning the first few days after the color. I will say things are slightly better, the burning is less general so to speak, it's like a sharp stabbing burn that moves from place to place on my scalp, altho I do also have the generalized burning to. From time to time I feel like my ears or forehead burn. Could this be from the Aveda color? One other strange note-I have upped my vit. B quite a bit and I feel this has made a difference, twice I have stopped and noticed an increase in the burning. At one point I waited 14wks or more before a color, and I continued to have the burning. One thing that has come up in dr. visits is stress-I do have normal life stress (job, kids....) and when this all began, I had a death in the family... Anyone out there have any thought???????   That didnt turn out so short did it!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic