Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Romance Books

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stevieb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Romance Books
    Posted: January 31 2012 at 9:23am
I'm going to admit it...I'm hooked on Romance books. I probably read one a month. I would read more if my schedule wasn't so crazy, but curly up with a cup of tea and a Romance novel is close to heaven for me. Even though they all seem to have the same theme, I never tire of them.
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2012 at 5:23pm

Hi,

I read a lot probably because I love to read and I read very fast. I have read many romance novels too, they aren’t my favourite genre because as you said they tend to be somewhat repetitive and I prefer a novel with a bit more depth and development but I find that sometimes a romance novel is a nice break from a heavy read such as War and Peace for instance. I read them when I want a light read and sometimes it’s nice to read about a love story that works out perfectly in the end.  

Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2012 at 10:16pm
I look for escapism.  Or something juicy... and different.  Like "Pillars of The Earth."  Let's go back to 1000 AD and see how a cathedral is built... with romance, religion, action, suspence and history?  How can you go wrong that?  Did you become a monk?  Or a Sister in a convent?  When the one who loves you.. a stone mason, who is going to build the cathedral and loves his boyhood sweetheart who became a nun... who both wishes to be togther.  As a plague comes in and threatens everyone as they die one by one?  And, who knows who will die and live and if the sweethearts will reunite before they die?  If the Cathedral will be ever built?  Will the monks and Sisters survive? Can they figure out who to combat the plague before everyone dies... And what about the peasant thief girl, half starving, who finds her love... but the Earl, a cold hearted bully of a man wants to kill her love so he can have her for himself?  And, becasue of this, she starves... no food..and, works the fields... just to make him happy and watch her suffer?

Good romance!  Good stuff is not the junk you see.  But, something moire juicy!

Who wants to read the same old romance stuff?
Guys like me notice!
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2012 at 12:44pm

Sparrowhawk1161, I love the novel Pillars of the Earth! It was so well developed, researched and written. The characters were so strong. I read it twice actually. Have you seen the miniseries they had on TV? It was rather well done as far as film adaptations go.

Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2012 at 3:26pm
Do you mean they had a series on that?  Oh...no?

Was it good?

Hold on...  (AARRRGH!  F&*^  G***& C**&)  I feel better.  Did you read the sequel..."World Without End?"  Oh... fantastic! I think it was modeled after Salsibury Cathedral. (Cool place.)

My Mom was born in Devises.  A town mensioned in the book... a market town in England.  I can trace my ancestery back 400 years just around that town.  The county of Wiltshire.  Stonehenge was Mom's back door.

I have been there.  Beautiful place.  Stonehenge is actually quarenteened off because of vandalism.  But, when I went, I was able to touch the stones.  To bad I was a teen.  The last thing I was interested in was a bunch of stones.  So is life...

I'll have to look for the miniseries.  Thnaks
Guys like me notice!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic