Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi i have long hair need help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chinthaswathi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinthaswathi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi i have long hair need help
    Posted: February 01 2012 at 3:27am
Hi all,
I have a  very long hair. But its thin and i have breakage problem too...
I have dandruff problems...Cry
Can anyone suggest a me what to do.. and mine is dry skin.

I wish i could curl up my hairs...Smile can anyone suggest me whether wil it be good on me?
I love curly hairs... admired it always... So i wish i could curl up mine too.. Experts Please help
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2012 at 1:54am
I've always loved long hair on women.  I can imagine wanting to have it curly when you have straight thin hair.  Perming hair is very hard on thin hair and can damage it.

Thin hair on a dry scalp needs special attention.  Gently brush your hair from the scalp down to get as much sebum (natural oils) down to the ends as possible .  Some tricks.  Have a hair day where you don't go out.  Just coat your hair with a suitable oil conditioner, leaving it in for a day so it can penetrate.  Vitamins that have protein made for hair and nails is good.  If your nails break easy (which happens with ladies with thin hair) its good to take those vitamins for it strengthens hair.  Wash your hair at night and braid it when you go to bed.  When you wake up, you'll have a natural wavy effect.  Just suggestions.
Guys like me notice!
Dark40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 5:53pm
Thin hair does tend to break very easily other than thick hair.  What you can do is purchase some thckening shampoos and conditioners from Sally's Beauty Supply.  Or, from any other beauty supply store.  You can also get yourself some dandruff shampoo like Head&Shoulders for dry scalp or skin.  I always recommend the Head&Shoulders formula is for dry scalp since I do have chemically-treated hair.  I only use it twice a month, and I don't have any dandruff problems.
Shannon D. Bax
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2012 at 9:44pm

Use strengthening treatments on your hair, you can try protein treatments and leave in conditioners. There are also leave in strengthening treatments you can use.

Also try using oils on your hair this well help to seal in some moisture. I use coconut oil but you can also try Moroccan/argon, tea tree or olive oil. I found that this helped with my dryness and helped with the breakage.

Try deep conditioning, this helps add a lot of softness and moisture and helps with breakage.

Make sure you keep your ends healthy and trimmed; I noticed my breakage was due to split ends, so make sure you check your ends and trim your splits with hair cutting scissors to prevent them from making your hair thinner and more brittle.

If you want to help reduce hair breakage and damage curling your hair isn’t a good option because the heat from the curling iron will cause more damage. In fact reduce the amount of heat styling you do drastically and when you do use heat use a heat protectant.

You can try taking a multivitamin and drink a lot of water. Make sure you have a healthy balanced diet.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic