Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pixie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PurpleOranges88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleOranges88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pixie
    Posted: February 26 2012 at 6:22pm
Right now I have really long hair. It goes well past my shoulder blades, probably about half way down my back. Its extremely thick and curly but I usually straighten it. I'm getting really bored with it though and while it is still healthy, its starting to get some colour build up and my hairdresser doesn't want to dye it anymore. Due to this I'm getting all sorts of weird colours in it now.
So I'm thinking of doing something absolutely crazy: cutting it all off into a pixie. What do you think, could I pull it off???
Here's what I look like:
here (My hair is now actually several inches longer than it is in this picture :P)
here
And this is the type of pixie I would get:
here
here

Edited by PurpleOranges88 - February 26 2012 at 6:32pm
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 5:20am
The before pics did not work for me...the pixies worked...I like the 2nd one best.
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 6:55am
GO FOR IT!! Warning though...it will make you look older. People will think you are in college or graduating college!!!
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleOranges88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by loveshorthair loveshorthair wrote:

The before pics did not work for me...the pixies worked...I like the 2nd one best.

Not working as in I wouldn't suit a pixie??? Or you dont like my hair in them???

Edited by PurpleOranges88 - February 27 2012 at 2:09pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleOranges88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by bnbivi00 bnbivi00 wrote:

GO FOR IT!! Warning though...it will make you look older. People will think you are in college or graduating college!!!

Haha I am so okay with looking older... Right now I always get mistaken for a lot younger than I am (I'm extremely petite :P)
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 7:23pm
Ha Ha...no, not working as in I couldn't see your pictures
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 8:12pm
Where do you live? I am a stylist in Lexington, KY and would love to do your hair if you are any where near.
Bananapantss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bananapantss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2012 at 7:43pm
Go for it! I say try the second one and you can even pull off an even shorter pixie if you want to. It's always fun to try something new, and it does grow back :)
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2012 at 7:19am
It will look amazing, go for it, live a little. It will grow back in time anyway so why not give it a whirl?
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleOranges88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2012 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by loveshorthair loveshorthair wrote:

Ha Ha...no, not working as in I couldn't see your pictures

Oh! okay lol :P

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleOranges88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2012 at 4:23pm

Where do you live? I am a stylist in Lexington, KY and would love to do your hair if you are any where near.

Unfortunately I dont :( Im in Canada :P
Bananapantss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bananapantss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2012 at 7:39pm
Did you decide on anything?
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2012 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by PurpleOranges88 PurpleOranges88 wrote:

Unfortunately I dont :( Im in Canada :P

Canada is a great place. I have a friend that lives in Canada and she was in Lexington over Christmas Break and she donated her hair. If you would like someone to talk to about which style would be right for you and your texture and features, I would love to help you with that. Just private message me and we can figure out the best way to chat.
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2012 at 9:53pm
SHort hair is good with petite women.  You see, long hair gives the illusion you are short.  Hair that is above tha soulders gives the illusion you are taller.  The problem with pisies. they make you look boyish and are turnoff to guys.

How many times have I told short haired women to grow their hair long and they tell me they get asked out more.

It depends on what you want.  Professional women always have a stronghold  with short hair.  It's non-destracting with male bosses and it gives the illusion of confedence.  But, I have talked to guys who hire short haired girls...and they say they like them because they are not a distraction!

Yuck!

Thank god for the ladies wqho are wereing there hair long in professional areas.

Anyways, looking taller, or the illusion of it works

So petiteness and shorter hair go together.  But, I would recommend a short style that looks really girly and feminine.  Short hair, like boyish pixies can be a turn-off for a lot of guys.  Best to have some length all the way around so you can wisp your hair soi it gently plays with your neck.  Also, long bangs... the type that hides your eyes is mysterious and inviting to guys...

If your not interested in how guys think... well then you don't have to worry about it...

Hope this helps...Smile
Guys like me notice!
tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2012 at 5:18pm
This guy thinks you should ignore Sparrowhawk above that thinks he speaks for all men...

You are obviously a very beautiful girl and I think you would look fantastic in the 2nd pixie picture.
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2012 at 2:10am
I do not speak for all men.  I use psychology.  There are guys who go each way as far as attractiveness.

Just because I use psychology and sociology doesn't mean I speak for everyone.  I just use what I know.  These are the studies I have found.  And, I do not speak for all guys.  It's impossible.  Each man has his own idea what is attractive.  I just put it plain... as you do too.  Please do not put more down than I actually put down.  I wouldn't do that for your posts... and, I would appreciate it it if do not do that with mine.  We are adults... right?

And, that is it.  If a lady wants short hair, she will get it.  She will experience it.  If she feels beautiful with it, than that is the best thing for her.  This forum is for the best for all...

I DO NOT SPEAK FOR All MEN. and, you should not presume I do!!!
Guys like me notice!
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2012 at 10:56pm

Wow that is a big change! Cutting off so much hair can be a traumatic experience for some and a huge change but the good thing is that it grows back. If you want to do it and you think the cut will suit you then go for it! I prefer the second picture as well.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic