Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tape In VS Clip-In...HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2012 at 4:50am
Hi Blondefox!
I too have had a lot of damage from microlinks. It was one of the worst method for my fine hair as well.
I believe it can be done properly though. Just not for me. :-(
Weaving felt totally bulky and uncomfortable for me.

Anyway, I have worn tape for years, and I can tell you that it is one of the gentlest methods out there. I use Supertape or Proflex.
Proflex is better imo. It is the one with the blue liner.
It holds better, supertape by itself doesn't work consistently on my hair. But it *does* for a lot of girls, so I say try it and see it that works on you. Wink

We all have a different body chemistry, and super tape has the reputation
of being much easier to clean. I have found that they're about the same personally.

You can also add a thin layer of LG to your tape, if the tape alone doesn't work.

I now am wearing Liquid Gold installs, it is so comfy and clean, and i love how secure it is.
LG installs aren't damaging at all. They can be a bit messy at first when you're not used to it, but it's a great adhesive.
It is the removal usually that can be damaging, whether with tape or LG installs, and you want to find the right remover that works for you, and use patience. Do not pull your wefts out like crazy.
I use the supersafe adhesive remover, sold on hairdirect. I forget the name of the company that makes it. I like that it's all natural and gentle on your scalp.
But there's honeslty many removers out there that work fine.
Always have a little bit of acetone ready in a spray bottle, in case you have stubborn spots.
Good luck!
BlondeFox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlondeFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2012 at 12:10pm
Hey y'all, I've been wearing clip ins for YEARS after a "weave" ruined my fine hair, then I was told how much better microlink extensions were and I'd have little to no damage from them, so I tried them and had A LOT of damage. Now I'm being told I should try tape ins and that they were better for your hair than clips, as you can imagine I'm skeptical. Anyone have experience with tape in extensions? What kind of damage can REALLY be expected? I really want to try them, but IDK if I can deal with another disaster!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic