Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Any tips for styling new bangs and volumizing too?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any tips for styling new bangs and volumizing too?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Serena_Tsukino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serena_Tsukino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any tips for styling new bangs and volumizing too?
    Posted: March 23 2012 at 5:10pm
About a month ago I got a haircut and decided to try straight bangs (Haven't had bangs since I was a kid!) so I decided to wait it out for my hair to get used to it because I usually part my hair down the middle. Now my bangs are willing to do whatever I want without naturally parting! :) So I was thinking of having side-swept bangs and I really want to figure out how to make them look more full... Something to make them stand out instead of just blending in with my hair while sweeping over.

Any tips? I'm willing to try anything. :)

P.S. I have waist-length hair and I don't know anything about hair since I've always had my hair down + plain... :'D I've been a tomboy all my life and I decided I want a different look so I'm willing to get layers/whatever to change things up!
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2012 at 6:33pm
Bangs or fringes are very important to any hair style.  If you have none, your whole forehead is esposed because you combv anbd train your hair to stay out of your face.  So, when you are looking straight on, long hair drapes past your eyebrows and down.  The only hair you might see looking straight is were the long locks fall passed your cheeks to your shoulders.

Some ladies like that style.  There is what is called a perfect face shape... an oval face.  Not square, not rectangular, triangular... but oval.  Most women do not have this shape.  But most hairstylists look at your face to create it.

Sometimes.. bangs are not needed... for instance a forehead that is low.  Low foreheads tend create an image taking away from what is positive in your face.  Some women have high foreheads.  The forehead is high enough that to create theis oval effect you need bangs.

The last is the stylist is what you want.  Side swept bangs.  Side swept bangs gradually go over your eye brows and fall to frame your face.  A good choice is you have high forehead and a round face.  Round faces need some type of drape from the brow past your eyes that come dowen from caressing the cheek bone.

No, other professional hairstylists might differ.  But, I like just a little on top so it brushes against your brow, but goes past your eyes.  If you combed your hair in front Your hair would block your sight, meaning the bangs go passed the brow and land at the cheek bones...

The rest is tapered, meaning gradual cutting until the bangs fall into the rest of your hair and blend with it.  So let's say you hair actually goes beyond your shoulders.  Bangs are near the bridge of your nose and bragually layered until they blend into your longer hair until it's so bended that it appears to beyond your shoulders, but in actuality it's blended into the longer hair so it disappears.

This is a conservative way of doing it... keeping what you all ready have.  There other hairstylists that can help you with more specific hairstyles from magazines, or if you dezire something different, like a shorter haircut and a whole knew image... it's best to consult with some of my friends who are actual hairstylists.

Some specialize in longer styles... but, others can give you examples of short stuff.  Not my forte'  But, they are there for you.  And, would be happy to help you... hope this helps...
Guys like me notice!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic