Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need help for very dry damaged hair.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tylula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tylula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help for very dry damaged hair.
    Posted: March 25 2012 at 7:51pm
I need some major hair help.  My hair is very damaged and dry.  This is due to a number of reasons.
- I have poslycystic ovary syndrome which can cause dry hair (my head doesn't get oily, not sure if this is related)  I'm 36.

- We have well water with really high ph 9 last time we tested it.

- Years of bleaching it.

I got it dyed back to my natural colour last month and I am not dying it anymore.  I try to go as many days as I can without washing (usually about 3)

My hair is past my shoulders but it has broken off to about 2 inches just above the ears and around the crown (I hide this by pulling my sides back into a bun thing (with bobby pins - not elastic).

How can I keep my hair and try to get it as healthy as possible?
(things I am doing -- I put leave in conditioner to try and conteract the high ph.  I use Nioxin shampoo for thinning hair.  I put Olive Oil in my hair about once a week and keep it in over night.)

Any ideas appreciated =)

Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2012 at 3:55pm

Hi I have posted some information throughout the forum on how to improve dry damaged hair. I wrote a blog dedicated to hair care tips on how to rejuvenate dry damaged hair and products that are helpful. You can find it here:

http://ericabookandmovie.blogspot.ca/2012/02/hair-care-101.html

I also posted a blog dedicated to coconut oil which can greatly help with your dry hair you can find it here:

http://ericabookandmovie.blogspot.ca/

Good Luck
Tylula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tylula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2012 at 6:15pm
Thanks Erica =)
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2012 at 11:03pm
Your welcome Smile
boconnor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boconnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2012 at 4:55pm
Hi Tylula, you might consider a hair vitamin to help restore your hair's health from the inside out. HairTopia is a great one to consider.
pamelamorris100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pamelamorris100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2012 at 12:04am
The LEIMO Thickening Conditioner has been specifically formulated to provide nourishment to the follicle and scalp. With each application, it works from within to help strengthen the hair fiber from the roots and replenishing moisture by adding volume and shine, creating thicker, fuller and healthier looking hair.  http://www.leimo.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic