Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Style suggestions for a bob.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
OH2TX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OH2TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Style suggestions for a bob.
    Posted: March 31 2012 at 9:03pm
For my upcoming appt., I am looking for some good pictures of bobs that are between chin length & above the collar bone with a long side-swept bang or no bang at all.  I am not wanting anything that is stacked or with a short/shaved nape.  I should add that I have fine hair that has a lot of natural wave in it.  So the style should look good flat-ironed or worn "wavy."

Any advice or pics would be appreciated.

loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2012 at 10:08pm
OH2TX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OH2TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2012 at 9:45pm
Both of those are very cute.  Thanks for the pics!
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 7:00am
This has become my recent favorite.....
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
DMB61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMB61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 1:00pm
Hi,

Wondering what length and type of style you have now?

Thanks
OH2TX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OH2TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 8:37pm
That short bob is very cute, too.  I have not had hair that short since I was a child, but I do like the look of that style.
My current style is a long layered bob.  It is around collar-bone length, and I don't have any bangs.
OH2TX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OH2TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2012 at 12:11pm
I just got back from my appt.  Overall, I like the new cut.  It is a neck-length bob with layers, no bangs.  She did cut out some of the bulk (esp. in the back) to give it a "slimmer" look.   
I think she could have went a bit shorter in the overall length, but I think she was being more conservative since this was my 1st visit with her.

I went ahead and booked another appt with her in 6 weeks.  I guess I can always take the length up more at that time.

OH2TX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OH2TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2012 at 1:54pm
Updated to say:
I am now going to *try* to grow it out for my hubby.  I showed him a picture of a shorter (jaw length bob) that I was interested in getting at my next haircut appointment.  And he said, "eww."  So... I am now going to *try* to go longer for him.  

We shall see how this goes.  But if I see a cute shorter style that tempts me, all bets *might* be off.  LOL!  :D

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic