Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Male thinking of shaving head.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
motorhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Male thinking of shaving head.
    Posted: April 01 2012 at 6:08pm
Hi.

I'm a male who has thinning hair in the front and is thinking of getting my head shaved.  I've normally had long hair up until a year ago, and just recently got it cut from shoulder length to an ear length bob.

What would I need to know about the aftercare?
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 6:50am
I have been doing this for years. I just shave my head with a razor every few days in the shower. At first, your head might be irritated so use lotion for a week or so after. I just use soap as a lubricant and a razor and it works great!!! Before you shave your head with a razor though, use clippers with no guard to get it as short as possible. Use hot water on your head, then lather it up with the soap and go at it. I usually go with the hair first and then against the hair to get it really close. VERY EASY!! You will LOVE IT!!!
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 4:19pm

My husband uses a professional electric shaver/trimmer that they would use to shave your head at a salon. He gets the blade sharpened every few months and it gives him a nice close shave. He doesn’t use any creams or anything while he uses the shaver but he does use a moisturizer afterwards to keep his scalp healthy and moisturized.

If you buy the shaver and have never used it maybe you could go to a barber the first time and ask him to use it on you and show you how use it.

Edited by Ericachristina - April 02 2012 at 4:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic