Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pantene not what it used to be?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nadja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nadja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pantene not what it used to be?
    Posted: April 05 2012 at 12:10pm
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and quite happy to have found a place that seems to have a lot of answers for my questions relating to hair care.

As the title of my topic already indicates, I am struggling with finding a decent replacement for the Pantene line. To be precise, I used their 'clarifying' shampoo in combination with their classic hair care conditioner. My hair is waist long very fine and dead straight. This product worked so well that I could brush it in the bath with my hair still wet, and not find a single tangle, also my hair was never shinier! It literally took about 5 strokes to comb through it.

Their new products are a far cry from that, and leave my hair oily and terribly tangled. I am despairing. I have tried about 5 different brands, all do not come close. What happened to the old Pantene?? Is there anything out there that has the same ingredients?

Thanks a ton!
Nadja
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2012 at 12:52pm

I use to use the Pantene breakage to strength line and stopped using it months ago. I try to go for the less damaging sulphate free shampoos. I found that with the Pantene after I used it for a while it didn’t have the same effects as when I began, it also did nothing that it claimed it would do so I’ve moved on to better things.

Have you tried the Dove line? They have some good shampoos and conditioners that I found worked quite similar to the Pantene line but a bit better. Maybe you could also try the Herbal Essence line if you haven’t tried it already or the Fructis, or Aussie line? I don’t use these lines personally I need more moisture and oils for my hair but by the sound of your hair you don’t want anything heavy or rich in moisture that would make your hair oily or weighed down. You could also give the Redkin, Joico, Matrix or Nexxus line a try if you want something a bit better quality.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic