Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need to get in my husbands good books!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
VickyCord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VickyCord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need to get in my husbands good books!
    Posted: April 17 2012 at 5:38am
Hi Guys, I'm new to posting on a forum so please be patient with me!

My problem, i've been married for just over two years and about 6 months ago I was made redundant from my job.

Last Friday I was a bit down in the dumps and went clothes shopping with money we can't really afford and hubby (quite rightly) went ballistic.

I know how to get in his good books - he's always wanted me to cut my hair which i've always been too nervous to do, but this is an emergency!

I'm 24, slim, considered to be attractive, have brunette hair which is a bit past my shoulders, in my face and grown out so it does need cutting, and brown eyes.

What I'm after is hairstyle pictures that a 26 year old man will like. He tends to like graduated bobs, asymmetrical bobs and pixies, especially those with cropped napes. I think his ideal cut would be a pixie perhaps mostly off the face with all or most of the ear exposed and a cropped nape. However short and very feminine are probably the key attributes.

Any pics would be great, i've made an appointment for Friday AM, and I'll probably need a glass of wine or two! lol

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2012 at 4:58pm
How exciting; I wish my wife would do this for me.  How 'bout some of these?

HAWG
orangenoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangenoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 5:41am
Love that top pic, but any would be great.  Be sure to let us know what you decide and how your husband reacts.  Show pics if you can.
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 2:02pm
A before picture would be good to see the shape of your face, however how about this style you can have a clippered nape as well.

If you really want to get in his good books take him long to watch you having it cut.

Let us know how you get on and send some after pictures too.  I always love seeing attractive ladies with short hair :-)

loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 2:50pm
Snipette nailed it with a perfect hairstyle...I would suggest the cut posted above.  Short and sexy....def. feminine.

Snipette...who is the picture of?
VickyCord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VickyCord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 5:12pm
Thanks guys! when I saw the first cut that HAWG posted I thought wow wrong forum for me! But I keep going back to the 3rd pic with the clippered nape and I think that's amazing, so sexy with a slender neck which I have.

I also like the 5th pic that HAWG posted which has more texture. Do you think that it would be possible to keep some of the length on top, take the sides shorter - sort of pointy sideburns and around the ears, and I don't believe I'm saying this next bit, have the nape done like pic 3?

If so what guard for the nape, it looks like higher up the back it's shorn to the same length at the sides, but the bottom 1 1/2 inch or so is taken even tighter

Thanks guys you are great!

OMG! I can't take my eyes off pic 3!

Edited by VickyCord - April 18 2012 at 5:15pm
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 9:05pm
The stylist can get the right length but it's probably a 1 and 1/2 to a 2.  It is an awesome haircut.  Have a great time with this; take him along; maybe even try a barbershop with a good looking barberette.
HAWG
VickyCord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VickyCord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 6:10am
One of the good things about being unemployed is you have time on your hands! One of my friends came around this morning and I told her about cutting my hair and showed her your guys pictures.

She was shocked by how short I was thinking of going, but thinks that I have a great face for it. She then put my hair in a high ponytail and then put the rest up. She then did my makeup - I normally wear it very natural but she really went to town on me and I like the look. Must admit however I did think I looked nice with my hair down with the makeup as well!

She says my hairline at the nape is perfect to be shorn, she says I naturally have the V / point! She then said she knew the perfect haircut for me and came out with an actress I'd never heard of:

http://www.celebrityhairstylesnews.com/veryshorthairstyles/marleyshelton2.jpg

http://www.celebrityhairstylesnews.com/veryshorthairstyles/marleyshelton.jpg

The idea is to have some length at the front for femininity, but have the nape shorn something like HAWG's pic 3.

My hair currently is brunette as stated and probably a couple of inches longer than the same actress here:

http://images.askmen.com/galleries/celeb-profiles-actress/marley-shelton/pictures/marley-shelton-picture-1.jpg

My friend is convinced I will 'wimp out' so she says that she's coming to the salon with me to makesure I'm taken really short!

The plan of action is that she is coming round early tomorrow AM (with camera) she is going to do my makeup and take front, side and back photos of me pre haircut, and then have me 'totally scalped' as she puts it, and take front back and side pics of the new me!

I will then post them and you can tell me whether hubby is going to be able to leave me alone this weekend!

Final question I don't seem to be able to copy and paste images - I use a Mac - will I have a problem with photos!

Edited by VickyCord - April 19 2012 at 6:11am
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 6:52am
I use a Mac and have no problems posting pictures. There is an icon that looks like a "tree" right beside the envelope icon and if you hover over it, it says "insert image". That is where you can insert the image to the post. Works great!!! Good Luck!!!
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
VickyCord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VickyCord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 7:45am
bnbivi00 - On mine I just have a hyperlink and emoticons insert next to the envelope sign - so is this a forum set up issue?

Sorry but one further thing I wanted to ask. When I have my haircut I'll be nervous so I want to visualise what is going to happen! I'm assuming that my hair will be gathered in to a ponytail and cut off. She will then section my hair and cut both sides short around / above my ears. The back I've assumed will be done with clippers rather than scissor over comb, because I'm going so short? Does this sound about right?
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 8:07am
Don't use the quick reply box at the bottom of the page use the Post Reply option at the top right of each message.  This then gives you the Tree icon you use to insert pictures.
I hope all goes well and i look forward to seeing your amazing transformation.
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 8:16am
As for the cut, unless you are donating your hair to Locks of Love or some organization like that, it won't be put in a ponytail and cut. They will probably just section the hair off, cut a large portion first, and then do the fine tuning. At least that is how I do it!!!!
VickyCord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VickyCord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 1:06pm
Thanks snippette now i know how:

These are the pics I'm taking to the salon:

I like the bit of length in the bang and the fact that it completely exposes the ear the final pic is to show how short I'd like the nape and I accept she'll probably have to take my sides shorter to blend.

I like this cut how about you guys? If you find something similar but even nicer please post, more pics to take to the salon the better!

Edited by VickyCord - April 19 2012 at 1:16pm
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 1:49pm
I am not sure if you realized this but picture 1, 2 and 3 from HAWGs original post are all the same girl. You keep saying you like Picture 1 but not much about 2 and 3. If that is the case, you might like some of the pictures I have included.....

VickyCord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VickyCord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 3:19pm
You guys are too good!

Yes I realised HAWG's pics 1,2 and 3 were the same girl but that cut is too short for me but i loved the nape.

Your pic:

is the perfect combination of the 3 pics I was taking with me with the sides shorter to blend in to the back. God it's short but I know that hubby would adore that on me.

And then you post:

Which is even shorter and even more amazing! OMG OMG OMG what am i going to do?
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 4:49pm
I just saw bnbivi00 post and loved picture 1 and 4 and was about to send a post about these and saw you had already picked the same ones. Either one you choose you will look amazing. I don't know what style you will pick but what you are going to do is look super hot with an amazing short hair cut.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Edited by Snipette - April 19 2012 at 4:50pm
OH2TX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OH2TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 10:06pm
Snippette,
I love the style you posted.  Do you happen to have a pic of what the back looks like on this one?  If I ever got brave enough for a really short cut, I think that 1 is sooo cute!
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2012 at 2:34am
OH2TX Unfortunately i only have this picture, but as far as i can remember the picture was taken at an American movie premiere, and she is an actress. I'll try andfind the name
VickyCord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VickyCord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2012 at 8:01am
A very quick update, but I will promise to come back to you the full details and pics.

So i've had my hair cut, and I don't recognise the person in the mirror! I took loads of the pics with me, but the cut is 90% this:

I do like it and both my Stylist and friend say I look gorgeous. I've also had lots of looks as I walked through town afterwards, however with hindsight I've had too much cut off in one go to feel comfortable with how I look currently.

I'll do a more detailed post later.
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2012 at 8:12am
I sure hope you post pics :/
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic