Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

05 BEST HAIR CARE PRODUCTS FOR SPLIT ENDS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Albertjohn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albertjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 05 BEST HAIR CARE PRODUCTS FOR SPLIT ENDS
    Posted: May 07 2012 at 7:34am
In the beauty world, "split ends" is a four-letter word (even though it's obviously not). And like a hangnail or a zit, it's kinda hard to resist examining and picking at those split hair follicles, no? 

Here are some tips for repairing and preventing split ends: 

1. Brush through your hair before showering. 
This will minimize tangles and prevent breakage (which can lead to split ends) that can occur when you brush hair post-shower. Apply shampoo towards the crown of your head, and lather it gently downward keeping hair straight (without bunching it up) by making zigzag motion with your fingers down the length of your hair. 

2. Use plenty of conditioner while showering and use a leave-in after, if need be. 
Not only will your hair feel super smooth to the touch, but the lubrication will also help prevent breakage, which can also yield split ends. 

3. Try not to brush your hair while it's wet. 
Yes, this is a hard thing to avoid, but if you did the aforementioned two steps, and don't scrunch your hair up in a towel, you should be able to easily comb through it. 

4. Lay off the heat styling tools. 
Anything that uses heat to treat your hair (blow dryers, straighteners, curling irons, etc.) is damaging. Try experimenting with different hairstyles that don't call for a sleek look. Style it with a little mouse to add texture and maybe even -- gasp -- let it air dry. 

5. When getting your hair trimmed, cut about one-and-a-half inches above your split ends. 
Split ends will continue to split if left unattended, so this will help to prevent that.

Edited by Albertjohn - May 07 2012 at 7:47am
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 5:25pm

How you brush your hair and handle your split ends also depends on your hair type. For example people like me who have naturally curly hair should not comb or brush their hair when the hair is dry because it can cause a lot of breakage and damage. Combing curly hair while wet and even better while a conditioner is in the hair is the best way to detangle without damaging it.

Many split end products as most of us know do not repair the splits but rather bind them together for a short time and make the hair look a bit more presentable. These products are good to use between trims to keep the split from getting worse and even preventing new splits.

I have tried a few split end treatments; I found that the best was the Nexuss overnight leave in split end treatment. But Tresemme just came out with a whole new split end line which I am currently trying out. Although I use these products occasionally I know that prevention of split ends by properly moisturizing, reducing heat styling, trimming, and being gentile with your hair is the best way to take care of your ends.

gendolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gendolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2012 at 8:01am
I agree.

Edited by Administrator - November 07 2012 at 6:04pm
Rachel S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2013 at 1:31am
Tresemme has some great products to PREVENT split ends..

The only way you can get RID of them is by trimming them a half inch or so every 3-4 months. But you can help prevent them from coming back by following these steps:

1. Use Tresemme's Anti-Breakage Shampoo and Conditioner
2. Use a Heat Tamer (I use Tresemme! :) ) Spray if you iron/curl your hair.
3. Never brush your hair when its wet. Use a wide tooth comb.
4. Don't use rubberbands that are tight-tight. (Use scrunchies thats even better)
5. Towl dry your hair before you blow-dry, and use a cool setting on your blowdryer.
6. Take a daily multi-vitamin for healthy hair.

Hope this will helps !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic