Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What should I use to exfoliate my skin?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
websteranne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote websteranne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What should I use to exfoliate my skin?
    Posted: January 12 2015 at 2:49am
Lemon juice, also used in acne treatment, can help remove blackheads. The nutrients and vitamins present in lemon juice are good for all skin types. Make a facial scrub by mixing lemon juice with salt, yogurt and honey. Gently scrub the affected area with this natural exfoliating mixture.

claire87john View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claire87john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2013 at 12:53am
You may use warm water and baking soda to help exfoliate your face. Baking soda is also good in helping whiten your teeth - just don't use too often - about twice a month on the teeth.

Also,

Milk
Sugar
Honey
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

It works great and leaves your skin smooth and glowing
willowshields View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willowshields Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 1:55am
mix some honey and sugar togethr its realle good cuz the sugar dissolves into the honey and doesnt let u over exfoliate!

Acne No More Review
amandagreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2013 at 6:37am
I have a couple good recipes for DIY exfoliation:

1. Mix salt, sugar and olive oil together (you know the rest)
2. use a mixture of brown sugar and oatmeal mixed with water

Good luck :)
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2012 at 10:33pm

Once in a while it is good to exfoliate your skin and get rid of some of the dead skin; it makes your face feel smooth and soft. You should always scrub gently, circular motions work well, and avoid areas of skin that have sores or fresh acne.

Although you should exfoliate every once in a while you shouldn’t do it every day or very often because it can make your skin raw, red and sensitive. If you do over exfoliate it can be painful and putting any other topical creams, makeup or treatments on your skin after over exfoliation can be painful and cause irritation and even rashes.

When you do exfoliate get a product that is suited to your skin, if you have very sensitive skin get an exfoliate that does not have many granules since it will be less abrasive and harsh on your skin. If you have normal skin that isn’t as sensitive you can go with something with more of a deep exfoliate.

I use the St Ives Apricot scrub and it comes in a variety of textures depending on how much exfoliation you want.

You can also make homemade exfoliates such as brown sugar and honey which also works well and has no harsh ingredients. I’m sure there is tons of info on the internet about homemade facial scrubs.

After you exfoliate wash your face with warm water, pat dry with a towel instead of rubbing and use a good moisturizer or a cream of your preference.  

Edited by Ericachristina - July 01 2012 at 10:35pm
dino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2012 at 8:25pm
use a facial brush
Andra2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andra2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2012 at 3:41am

I have heard and read different things about exfoliation. Some say that AHA for dry skin is best and BHA is best for combination to oily skin. I also read that both AHA and BHA (alpha Hydroxy acids) give better results than using facial scrubs because they remove dead cells  through chemical processes and penetrate the superficial layers of the skin. Cosmetic scrubs work only on the very outermost skin layers and can actually cause skin damage and tears in the skin if they are too coarse or uneaven in texture.

That makes sense to me but then I heard that peptides are the new thing?  What are peptides and how do they work to exfoliate your skin? What is the difference if any between peptides and copper peptides?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic