Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is your favourite brand of nail polish?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is your favourite brand of nail polish?
    Posted: May 25 2012 at 2:42pm

Hey everyone, what is your favourite brand of nail polish and what are some important qualities you look for in a good polish?

I have tried many  brands of nail polish from Chanel to Essie, OPI, Zoya, China Glaze, Wet n Wild, Essence,Color Craze and Revlon to name a few. I find that not all of the more expensive brands are as good as they should be and some of the cheaper brands may be good or bad.

I look for nail polish that goes on smooth that has a great brush and leaves no streaks. Also these days I have no time and patience for slow drying polishes and tend to buy the fast drying ones. I also like a good gloss finish and a polish that doesn’t stay sticky for a long time and become prone to creases. And of course I like my polish to last at least five day without chipping off and looking terrible, and a polish that has a longer shelf life and won’t become unusable after only a few uses.

My favourite right now are OPI because I love their colors even though they are not that fast drying in my opinion, Essence because the polishes I have from this line last up to 6 days before chipping off with a top coat, and the Wet n Wild fast dry because they dry very fast, although the colour selection here in Canada is rather sparse. China Glaze also has some really nice colors. I also like Color Craze which I got at Winners/Marshalls because the colors are very bright and good for summerSmile

Edited by Ericachristina - May 25 2012 at 2:46pm
boconnor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boconnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2012 at 2:51pm
I generally lean towards OPI, but have a few Essie. I've picked up a few really cheap bottles at the drugstore and although not impressed, they did the job. I found the cheap ones to have really stiff brushes that weren't as wide as OPI, and the color went on blotchy.
OH2TX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OH2TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2012 at 1:33am
Count me in as another OPI fan.
rosaclinic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosaclinic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2012 at 2:47am
i like pure ice. bright colors are very fascinating.
Calanthia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calanthia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2013 at 9:00pm
there is this brand called "SINFUL COLOURS" , and it has the coolest colours i ♥ it!

Edited by Karen Shelton - November 28 2013 at 2:25am
mariechin1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariechin1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2015 at 8:13pm
Sally Hansen and Mac are my top choices.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic