Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How often do you have trims?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
OH2TX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OH2TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How often do you have trims?
    Posted: June 08 2012 at 11:23am
I am growing my hair out.  I am used to getting haircuts every 5-7 weeks.  But with trying to grow my hair longer, how often would you recommend a trim?  I have a layered cut now, and I want to keep layers even as I am growing my hair longer.
Thanks for any advice.

Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2012 at 11:36pm

I think how often you get your hair trimmed and need to get your hair trimmed depends on the condition and health of your hair. If you have very damaged hair with a lot of split ends then until your hair improves you should get the ends trimmed every time they start to get ragged and split. You can usually tell if you are in need of a trim by how your hair feels and looks.

For myself since my hair is in good shape I only go to a salon to get my hair trimmed twice per year. Between my trims I use my professional sheers and once in a while I will go through my hair and cut off any split ends if I see them. This helps keep your hair and ends looking great and you do not lose much length. If my hair looks and feels like it needs a trim more often than this I will go in for one but usually for me twice per year is enough. You have to be careful where you get your hair trimmed because some hair dressers tend to go crazy cutting off more than need be.

OH2TX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OH2TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2012 at 12:47pm
My hair is good shape and healthy.  I was figuring maybe having trims about every 3-4 months while trying to grow it longer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic