Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

getting rid of my natural part

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Skzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: getting rid of my natural part
    Posted: February 28 2005 at 7:07am
Ok, this may be a little difficult to explain if nobody's ever seen what I'm talking about. But anyway, my hair parts naturally down the middle. The problem is the part starts going down the back of my head. When I wear it down it looks awful. Does anyone know how to ghet rid of something like that?

I've tried blow drying it ang putting gel in it, but by the end of the day it just parts again.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 6:52am
Mine does this too when it's short. Since I'm a long hair lover I have no problem with this now because all I had to do was grow my hair long and the weight of it pulled it down over this cowlick type part. I've noticed many other short haired people's hair doing the same...most people just don't worry about it and forget it's there I suppose.

If you really want to try to cover it, you could try tricks like going to bed with that part of your hair wet, and a knit cap over it to get it to dry flat, or using goop and a blow dryer to get it flat.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 7:04am
It's probably long already if the problem with the part comes when it's worn down, though.
*shrugs* Hair grows in weird directions sometimes, and if your hair grows in such a way it parts like that no matter what you do, you'll probably just have to learn to accept it. The only thing I could think of to tell you is, maybe when it's wet, try parting it in a different place than the natural part. Let it dry like that and see if it stays in the part you put in it or if it just reverts to the natural part.
More awesome than a manatee!
Skzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 7:16am
I see a lot of girls around my school with the same issue, so I'm not sure why it bothers me so much. Oh, well. You're right, the best (and simplest) thing to do is to live with it.

Thank you, both!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic