Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

need help to grow long hair!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kmo66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmo66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need help to grow long hair!!!
    Posted: July 29 2012 at 9:28pm
hey guys! im new here but i thought this would be a great place to ask for help! heres the scoop...i have hair thats about 4in past my shoulders and i want to grow it long but my hair WILL NOT GROW! i do use a flat iron but i use heat protectant. i shampoo and comdition only when needed with moisturizer and i even have tried these vitamins for growing long hair and nothing worked! helpp!
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2012 at 10:27pm
Biggest question is this:

Did you ever try growing you hair longer in your lifetime.  It is an important question.  You see each hair strand is governed by a cycle.  Growth, dormancy and fallout.  The growth time is when you hair... in this case, just a single hair grows to point.  It could be to your shoulders as you have suggested or down to you ankles.. which is interesting but is very unlikely?

Sorry... I am not making fun of you... this cycle is important.  And, I have the greatest respect for your hair growth, since I am a lover of long hair.  If you find hairs in your brush as you are brushing your hair, this is normal.  Those hairs have fallen out and at that moment new hairs a RAPIDLY GROWING... to take it's place.

As you age, hair cycles can change.  You might find your hair going dormant quicker which means your hair will not grow as long.  But there is things you can do.

Keratin based conditioners are good.  Stay away from all in one conditioners becasue no matter what they say is in it, there is always something that strips hair to make it clean.  Just becasue it says it in there doesn't mean it will work... companies will stuff those goodies, even though they will not work because it sells.  So don't fall for it.  Shampoo is shampoo .  So fgind something gentle.

Conditioner is another story.  Invest in this.  Keratin (protein), oils (Cocoanut and other oils that imitate sebum... just ask a beauty supply person and they will be happy to find an oil that will work... they will show off... and it is good they will), and the moisturizer is simple... VERY SIMPLE.  Anything that adheres to your hair...and that makes almost every hair care product in that category becasue moisturizers are in just about in every hair product imaginable so its the last thing you should be worrying about.  So, extra moisture... WHAT?  Don't worry about it!  The glycerine in the product is a natural binder to h20 molecules... so don't be fooled.  So great conditioner... gentle shampoo and...

Long hair always works always...

Guys like me notice!
AutumnLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AutumnLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2012 at 1:57pm
Stop using heat in any form.  It desroys hair.  If you bleach or color your hair stop that too.  Try some clarifying shampoo and conditioner.  Fructis makes a good one called Pure Clean.  It will remove any gunk from your scalp from styling products which can slow down hair growth.  Also you might want to try scalp massage.  Just gently massage your scalp to get the blood circulating up there.  Also don't wash your hair every day.  It strips your hair of it's natural oils.  There is another long hair forum you might want to get involved with.  If you want to you can message me and I'll tell you which one it is.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic