Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Does a honey and lemon mixture make hair thinner?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Does a honey and lemon mixture make hair thinner?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aznmech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznmech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does a honey and lemon mixture make hair thinner?
    Posted: August 01 2012 at 4:48pm
I have been looking for homemade/natural remedies to make body hair thinner (more specifically, leg hair). I came across a few websites that say applying a honey and lemon mixture can make hair appear thinner over time. My only concern is that none of the websites explain why or how this works, nor are there any comments or reviews of it actually working. Here is what they generally state:

"Thin body hair with natural remedies by using a lemon juice and honey mixture. Simply mix two tablespoons of lemon juice with eight tablespoons of honey and apply to the area in which you want to thin the hair. Rub the mixture on in the same direction as hair growth. Leave for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing thoroughly. Repeat the process once or twice a week. This process should result in less hair growth and finer hair within several weeks of starting."

So yeah, I'm just wondering if this actually works and if there are any negative effects, precautions, areas to avoid, etc.
SiNfuL GirL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2012 at 3:47am
Well all I can think is lemon juice will lighten hair color (head hair That I know of) and Honey is very moisturizing so I don't understand or see how that would thin only lighten hair.
I think its a line of crap but I haven't tried it so I don't know.
Sinfuliphone.com
A stock iphone is a useless brick, I live to customize!
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2012 at 5:21am
Lemon juice and honey (has some hycrogen peroxide properties) will lighten the hair which will make it less noticeable (thus the misconception that it is thinner).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic