Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Toner Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JMAntonucci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMAntonucci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Toner Question
    Posted: September 01 2012 at 6:25pm
So i had my hair dyed 4 months ago to a medium level 5 brown color. It was nice at first, but then it started getting reddish/brassy... I hatedddd the way it looked (I'm naturally a level 6 light ash brown).. So instead of dying it again, i decided just to go blonde with foils to "break up" the nasty dark color... Well now, 4 months later, my hair looks MUCH better... I'm basically blonde from all the foils with about a 1 inch root line in my natural color ( I like the look of a little bit of roots)... HOWEVER, the faded hair dye from before is still there from the pieces that weren't highlighted and are now more of a dark orangey blonde color that "throws off" my perfect beige-blonde look ever so slightly.. My question is... is there anything I can buy to put on all of my hair to reduce this slight orange tint in my hair WITHOUT affecting my light blonde highlights? I wouldn't mind going slightly darker if it meant that the orange would be neutralized.... Should I buy a toner? semi-permanent dye? what?! Again, the only problem is the dye that has faded, giving it a slight orange cast... I would love for the orange to be neutralized to a light brown/dark blonde ash while keeping my blonde highlights!! Thank you!!!
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2012 at 8:34pm
Hi, You could try a purple shampoo. I am in the UK, and we have a product called Schwartzkopf silver shampoo, its purple in colour, and this help neutralize any unwanted
warm tones on light blonde hair. If you can't find the above product, a similar brand is just as affective. Just use like a normal shampoo, you can use it as often as you require, however do not leave on the hair for to long, as it can grab onto your blonde hair turning it a hint of purple, so no more than about 3 mins, then rinse. Its always advised to read the manufacturers instructions. If you feel this does nothing to the orange tones, then I am afraid its more foils....Hope this helps a little....
karen sanderson
gendolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gendolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2012 at 7:55am
I agree completely.

Edited by Administrator - November 08 2012 at 6:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic