Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Highlight help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Melb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Highlight help
    Posted: September 05 2012 at 1:54am
My husband highlighted my hair 2 days ago. It turned out pretty good. Some areas are not close to the root especially near my forehead, this is a problem since I have to wear my hair up for work. The blonde also is a little yellow in some areas. My hair is probably around a dark blonde/ light brown ash color. I would like the colors to flow better together. Right now they just dont blend well. I would still like to keep the highlights just let the roots blend more with the highlights and colors I be more even.... Hope I made sense. Not sure if I should
Add more highlights to five the unevenness and use a purple shampoo. Or should I use a toner??!! Please hellllppp!

Edited by Melb - September 05 2012 at 2:02am
Melb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2012 at 1:57am
Made a lot of spelling/ grammar errors. I was in a hurry. Please forgive me :)
SiNfuL GirL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2012 at 1:17pm
To get closer to the root you will need to go back to those strands and apply the lightner on just the root area. You can also add more highlights if you want more blonde just start with the new highlights first. Rule to go by always bleach or lighten your hair about an inch from scalp then after all is in foils go back to beginning and add lightner/bleach to the inch of root you left let sit for desired amount of time and wash. Its best to tone after you shampoo but you can use a purple shampoo/conditioner a couple times a week or as needed if you prefer. The toner will help get rid of orange/brassy color faster and longer but brassy has a tendency to come back on most lightened hair so the shampoo/conditioner will help eliminate that.
If you have already lightened sections of the hair be careful and watch super close if you decide to lighten those same pieces again as it can damage the hair and cause breakage.
Remember to deep condition after with a good mask or deep conditioner to restore moisture back to hair.
good luck and let us know how it goes.
Way to get your man to do your hair props chick. ;)
Sinfuliphone.com
A stock iphone is a useless brick, I live to customize!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic