Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

closed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Emirii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emirii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: closed
    Posted: September 06 2012 at 2:19am
the guy backed down all of a sudden, so my hair is on the market for being sold again.

Edited by Emirii - October 02 2012 at 11:20pm
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2012 at 7:09pm
It sounds funny.  This guy says he wants to help you.  But there is a catch.  There should be no catch at all.

If you are selling your hair to a good cause.  Like... for a charity organization for those who who have cancer and would like to have a good quality wig so they feel acceptable inb social situations... that is a good cause.  For you are giving your long hair so it can be made for aperson who needs hair to feel socially acceptable.

People like that should have no qualms about giving you something for your sacrifice for it is that.  YOU are giving something you do not have to give for people who really need it so they can feel better a bout themselves.

To me, any catches seem to just that... catches.

Have you looked at other companies or people who are willing to buy your hair?  Have you looked at places where your long hair is acceptable but they can not pay you?

Many places can not pay you for your hair.  Is your hair so worth it that you have ask for money for it.

Food for thought.

I love long hair.  I have a type one hair fetish.  I find it so sexy, I cringe at people who cut it.  But, even though I might feel this, a person who actually gives her hair to a good cause, a can never...I mean NEVER ARGUE with... because they were thinking beyond themselves.  I would find more worth with that person than anyone.  This is a person I would actually want to meet and at leasst shake there hand...

Yet, probably want to understand where they were coming from... and why they did so... and, find them worthy of friendship... if not more.

Because this person showed more.  They showed so much that they put them selves beyond there own lives and showed themselves a second to a great cause.

That person would be worth meeting.  And, I think there is a lot of people who could say the same thing.

But back to the question.  Giving your hair is actually a sacrifice of sorts.  You don't have to do it.  If a person or place soes not see it in that light, it's tiume to look for a different place.  Because selling your hair is not just a business deal.  It's a sacrifice and a gesture of good will to all who need it.
Guys like me notice!
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2012 at 2:26pm

Maybe he means he will send you money for the shipping costs on top of what the hair costs.

Edited by Ericachristina - October 02 2012 at 2:26pm
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2012 at 1:03pm
Unfortunately this is a common problem.  Sometimes people just want detailed photos to look at your hair and they will lead you on with the promise of money to get free photos.  I hope this was not the case but it's better not to lose your hair and not get the money either.

So sorry to hear this.  Keep us in the loop so we can let others know about your hair.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Emirii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emirii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2012 at 5:14pm
Thanks. Yeah, he had sent a check and was checking in every other day to see if I cashed, it but I couldn't because it was out of state and no one ever heard of the bank and I emailed him and he just stopped checking in and hasn't emailed me.

What should I do with the check though? If it is a scam, I don't want to use money to send it back and I don't know how I would trash it because if he does email back with something like I stole money from him, I would like proof that I didn't.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic