Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Haircut on a whim?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
OH2TX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OH2TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Haircut on a whim?
    Posted: September 13 2012 at 5:10pm
Have you ever just walked into a salon and undergone a dramatic hair change spur-of-the moment?

And if so, what was the end result.  And how did you feel afterwards?

Just curious!

Edited by OH2TX - September 13 2012 at 5:11pm
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2012 at 4:02pm

I have always had very long hair. And when I was a teenager I decided while passing a salon that I wanted to cut my hair! I have no idea what possessed me to walk in there. But at the time my hair was straight (flat ironed) and when the stylist wet my hair to cut it, it got curly (I have naturally curly ringlet curls) unfortunately when its curly it is also shorter so I couldn’t even get a good impression of how much she was cutting. I told her I just wanted four inches...she cut way more. When I went home and flat ironed my hair it was shoulder length. For me this was very short since my hair had been down to my waist (as it is now) and I had never had such short hair! I was really upset and it took me a long time to trust another hair dresser. Fortunately for me it grew back and I opted for long layers.

Edited by Ericachristina - September 14 2012 at 4:04pm
OH2TX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OH2TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2012 at 2:43pm
I have had spur of the moment cuts -- nothing uber different -- with the most "different" being a few inches shorter.  And most of these on the whim cuts resulted in feelings of regret due to a "meh" or mediocre cut from an unskilled stylist.
ClaraBow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaraBow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 10:57pm
I had tonsillitis 2 years ago and was in a generally bad mood. It was summer and I was moving to an even hotter climate in the following week. All that plus an argument with my mother sent me running to the hair salon.
I got in the chair and told the hairdresser I wanted a 1920's cut. So I went from waist length to chin length.
I told the hairdresser that my mother was going to kill me (I was almost 18 at the time)  to which she replied "Your not going to see her for a while are you?"
"No! I'll go home in a few hours"
I left the salon, and began walking to my car. As I crossed the road my mothers car pulled up at the crossing - I stopped and stared at her, and you could see the moment where she went from being annoyed at the slow pedestrian to realizing it was me ... There was a lot of dropped jaw (I'd never seen sometime do that in real life until then)

In short I was happy with the results, Mother significantly less so.

Edited by ClaraBow - January 16 2013 at 10:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic