Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dye asian hair in medium/ash blonde

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shin Jun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shin Jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dye asian hair in medium/ash blonde
    Posted: September 23 2012 at 9:51am
Hi there. ^_____^

I really want to dye my hair in a medium blonde or ash blonde, but I already dyed my hair, a month ago, in a copper brown. (if it's its name ...)
I don't think that it'll change things if I said that my hair is that thick asian hair, since my hair is already dyed in a copper brown.

My hairdresser said that it'll be difficult to get the whole head in a blonde colour, 'cause my roots are visible now in my naturally dark brown colour (almost black) and my hair is already dyed with something like a semi-permanent colour. And even if we bleach my roots, I'll have two different shades. I also think it'll get strange ...
She also told me that she can make (In wich way ? I dunno how it's called in english !) my copper brown (almost my whole head) to a lighter tone (near the medium golden blonde), but she can't touch my roots, so I'll have dark roots. In fact, the hairdresser will work in my hair only with his hands (with gloves of course), not with a brush. Thus, I'll be able to play with my hair, 'cause it'll make my hair with much volume.

I know that to get this blonde tone, I have to work in my hair two or three times before getting the colour hoping. And of course, dyeing hair always dries hair and can break the hair out and so on ... I know that, you don't have to remind me that.
Anyway, I'm going to get it done at a hair salon, 'cause I don't feel confident to do anything at home now, except cutting my hair.

1) What should I do, first, in my hair ? Doing what my hairdresser advise me ?
2) After that, how to keep the colour ? Which shampoo should I use ?
3) How can I get my roots in the same colour later ? Actually, we can see that my roots are about 1,5 cm. Have I to wait long time ?
4) What is a hair conditionning product ? How often should I use it in a week ?

http://smartgirltips.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Hair-Dye-Colors-3.gif
My hair looks actually like the 7R soft copper blonde in the pic, and I'd like to get something like the 7D medium golden blonde.

Thanks for helping.

Edited by Shin Jun - September 23 2012 at 9:52am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic