Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who's right when it comes to your Hairstyle?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's right when it comes to your Hairstyle?
    Posted: September 29 2012 at 5:05pm
Guys like me notice!
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2012 at 5:51pm
Who's right when it comes to your hairstyle?

Many people wonder who is right when it comes to a hairstyle for yourself.  You look in a mirror and look at your same old hair, sitting wild with pillow hair and, the desire to do something about it.  So you go to the stylist saying... I want a hairstyle that looks beautiful (or handsome, to the guys on this site,) and basically trust them to make all your dreams come true... work, social life, significant other... sticking your fist in your teeth, hoping you will not be biting to hard on it?

So, your wash it, condition it and look in that mirror, hoping for inspiration that never comes, hoping it will dry on time or more likely, hoping it dries at all, as you are freezing because your hair is wet, making you in a bad mood, because if anyone sees that?  That hair of yours?  The right man/woman and sees it like that?

God forbid your boyfriend comes over... or, for some strange impossible reason Mister Right comes through the door or just knocks on your door and your hair is in a towel and it is not picture perfect?  What if you guys don't have your hair ready and the most bodascious girl comes along?  OK... maybe girls more... but with a world so attached to beauty, woman can't escape it?

You say to yourself, well if he/she doesn't like my hair the way it is, in a towel or wet or looking like, God forbid, some "witch/wotlock", he/she is not worth my time?  Woth my time... they are all worth my time... right?

That doesn't fly.  Does it?

So, the question begs?  "Who governs your hair?  You or someone else?"

Scenerio:

You have worn your hair for years very long and it's still very long.  But, it's a lot of work having it that long.  In fact, you believe that you appear like a little girl because your hair is so long and all the women and guys must think that you are just a little girl, because only little girls have long hair like that.  So, it's time to look older.  So, you cut it all off and go with a more professional and "womanly" hairstyle because the guys will love it.  But, the guys seem to be fewer and fair between now that the cut is worn.  So, you believe that, maybe the guys are not around. Or maybe you should have never done that.

You just got the latest hairstyle... just like so and so has on TV or in a magazine, because that is what is in it... because all the other girls/guys are doing it.  It's on the TV and Magazines... even on the internet!  Your friends say..."This is in!  Do it!"  They might even tell you, "This is the style... guys/girls will love it."  So, it must be what the opposite sex likes, right?

How many of you have gone into a salon of barbor or someone who cuts hair and you get a cut.  But, somehow is not right... somewhere some how?  Maybe the good ones are taken now?  Maybe it's lull in the prospective loved ones that could be potential husbands, wives or lovers?

The question begs?

Who governs your hair?  You?  Others?  Who right?  Who wrong?  Where does you trust lie?  In yourself... a hairdresser.  Have you done your homework?  Has the hairdresser sone there homework... do you know the psychology and sociology behind the beauty you are seeking... or are you just going for a ride, trusting in those you believe to have your best interest.  How can you get your best interest in mind whern you style you hair?

It's your hair.  And I think we agree on these things.  We want the best hairstyle for ourselvesand others, which encompasses, loved ones and the social masses.  That encompasses; work, boyfriends, girlfriends, boy-friends and girl-friends, family, society, etc.

So...are you following the "sign of the times?"  Is the sign of the times an accurate judgement of what you should be doing to your fashion statement?  Should you be doing the "sign of the times thoughout history?"

What is the best course of action to ensure you have the best style to please everyone?  The social norm, significatant others, family, work...

How do you know what is best for you?Wink

Guys like me notice!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic