Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shedding like a critter!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AutumnLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AutumnLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shedding like a critter!
    Posted: October 17 2012 at 6:13pm
I usually don't loose much hair.  Some when I brush my hair and a little when I shampoo.  Sometimes first thing in the morning I will find a few loose ones when I put my hair up first thing.  Lately I have been shedding like crazy!  I think maybe it's like when an animal sheds in the fall and spring.  I haven't noticed it so much in the spring tho.  However I have been paying more attention to my hair in general so maybe that's why I've noticed it more lately. 
Anyone else noticed this?
Cry I HATE loosing hair!!
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2012 at 1:44am

The consensus is that people generally lose between 50-100 hairs per day but this can depend on many factors.

The normal amount each person sheds will vary among individuals and may also have to do with genetics.

Hair shed could also be due to a medical problem, stress, medication and hormones to name a few.

You can also shed more hair depending on how you treat your hair and how much you brush, comb or shampoo your hair ect. With longer hair shedding is more noticeable because the hairs are longer so it looks like you are shedding more when you may be shedding a normal amount. If you are noticing a dramatic difference then I would get it checked out but if you are losing a few hairs here and there and while brushing or washing without noticing any overall thinning or thinning in certain areas on your head then I would say that it isn’t a serious issue.

Be gentile with your hair. You can also try some oil treatments, certain oils can help reduce the shed of hair. There is tons of info on the net about oils that you could try.

Edited by Ericachristina - October 18 2012 at 1:50am
AutumnLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AutumnLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2012 at 7:05am
My shedding has pretty much gone back to normal now.  I am diabetic so I have lots of issues system wided.  It very well could have been the diabetes.  I lost a large amount of hair right before I was diagnosed 12 years ago. It was just a bit annoying to loose a bunch of hair when I am trying so hard to grow it out!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic