Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Best hair products that gives hair a matte look?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best hair products that gives hair a matte look?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
satycorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote satycorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best hair products that gives hair a matte look?
    Posted: October 24 2012 at 7:08am
Hi Everyone.
I have been struggling to find which product gives a matte look to hair and also has a really good hold, but I have been unlucky and haven't found anything.
Apart from any of the American Crew products, what else works? I can't find the American Crew pastes/fibers in my area and the shipping costs is really expensive on eBay...
So do I have to look for a creme/paste, or wax? What's the difference between these actually?
What I have access to and are really popular in my country, are these:
1) Nivea Hair Creme Gel 150ml, which is very popular here.

2) Wella Shockwaves Ultra Strong Mess Constructor creme gel

3) L'Oreal Studio Out Of Bed Fibre Putty

4) Axe Whatever (Not familiar with this, it was expensive lol so IDK)

Is any of you familiar with these? There are a lot of other products in stores here, but I don't want gels tbh, that's why I was aiming at pastes/cremes/wax. I'm a guy, oh and by the way I straighten my hair and then style it (the faux hawk/pompadour styles mostly). Do I still have to look for extra strong hold products, or does the straightening help my hair stay in place and I just need the product to shape my hair?
Thanks.

Edited by satycorn - October 24 2012 at 7:13am
Maceyyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maceyyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2012 at 4:11am
i just tried this new dry shampoo from spilt milk and it definitely gives me a matte look from my oily hair after a long day give it a go!
gendolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gendolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2012 at 8:21am
Great info. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Administrator - November 07 2012 at 12:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic