Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brushing curly hair???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Angelnikki1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelnikki1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brushing curly hair???
    Posted: November 11 2012 at 2:13am
hi everyone,
I have a question. Everwhere i read that it's better for hairgrowth to brush you'r hair daily. But if i brush my curly/wavy hair it becomes frizzy. What can I do?
thanks!
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2012 at 8:00pm

The only thing that brushing your hair may do is help stimulate the scalp which may aide in hair growth and certain brushes like boar bristle brushes help spread the natural oils from your scalp which can help nourish your hair. Brushing may also help get rid of tangles. You can also stimulate your follicles by doing scalp massages so you don’t need to brush your hair for this reason.

For curly hair brushing is NOT the best thing to do, curly hair responds better to gentle detangling using a comb, it is better for your hair because it doesn’t cause as much breakage. Curly hair tends to be a bit dry and brushing curly hair can cause a lot of damage in fact I never brush my hair when it is curly. You are getting frizz because by brushing your curls you are separating them and making them more fuzzy, to keep your curls nice and formed you should style your hair when it is wet, gently comb with a wide tooth comb, apply your leave in products and style as you like and then do not handle your hair until it sets and dries.

Not all hair types react the same to certain styling so some people may have hair types where brushing isn’t necessarily bad but curly hair and brushing isn’t usually a great idea. The more tightly curled your hair is the more damage brushing can do. If you do like brushing your hair be gentle and use a good quality brush but it will wreck your curly hairstyles.

Angelnikki1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelnikki1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2012 at 12:54am
Thanks for the reply! Right now I do comb my hair. It was a bit confusing though because of what i was reading!
thanks again!!!
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2012 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Angelnikki1976 Angelnikki1976 wrote:

Thanks for the reply! Right now I do comb my hair. It was a bit confusing though because of what i was reading!
thanks again!!!

No problem, glad to help. If you want to check out a great website that has a ton of curly hair forums, tips and products you can try naturallycurly.com it's a great site for curlies.
Davidwilliams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidwilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2013 at 8:02am
Great information provided. I have curly type hair and also uses comb. But my hair does not look shiny and curls look like creepy.What should I do..?

Edited by Davidwilliams - August 17 2013 at 8:03am
Davidwilliams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidwilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2013 at 11:27am
Combing your hair spreads your hairs that's why it is looking freeze. You can use some kind of oil or serum to make them look wet .
mailtoKIRILLKIR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mailtoKIRILLKIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2014 at 1:06am

Only brush your hair when your hair is wet! Approve I know it sound weird but that is the way to do the thing perfectly.

Edited by mailtoKIRILLKIR - June 03 2014 at 5:43am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic