Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I require some advice about cutting my hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ClaraBow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaraBow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I require some advice about cutting my hair
    Posted: January 16 2013 at 10:50pm
Hello!
It's summer here where I am and it is painfully hot and it's come to the point where my hair is nothing but a nuisance, so I think I might like to cut it off. My problem arises here though in that I've only ever majorly changed my hair once, 2 years ago when I went from waist length "let it do whatever it will" hair to chin length bob. I maintained the bob for a year and a bit before letting it grow out again.
My hair is really thick and I have a large face (I've got pictures below) so I have no idea what I should do. I'm also not too keen on colouring or chemically straightening/curling my hair because six months ago I dyed my hair and that resulted in some of the worst pain I've ever felt (and I have the scars on my head to prove it). Since then I've avoided all chemicals including commercial shampoos - I make my own.

Anyhow, with regards to boundaries, any length is fine (though I am trying to get a job so nothing too crazy, but a little crazy is good)
and that's about it, I have no clue what looks good with my face because with my short hair my mother adamantly hated it, and everyone else seemed to like it, so I don't really know whether it looked good or not. And now I've got a miniature version of what I've had since I was six, and I look close enough to 12 normally so I'll do anything to change that.

(I don't do photographs ordinarily  as you can probably notice)

That's my hair (and a displeased expression)

My face (or alternately a deer in headlights)

and an unfortunately necessary profile.

Any help is good help!
Taa

loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2013 at 5:19am
I think you would look amazing in something very short (like Anne Hathaway) though that is probably more severe than you wanted.  I would stay away from bob lengths, just don't think that is your best bet. 
Is your hair thick?  Maybe thinning it out would help.
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2013 at 4:58pm
I think you just need more of a style. Maybe get a cut that thins it out a bit like the poster above suggested but I don't think you need to go much shorter than what it is. It's hard to suggest a specific style but if I were you I would look around for something you like. Magazines, the Internet...you can gain inspiration from anywhere.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic