Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Freelancing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sandyllama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandyllama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Freelancing
    Posted: February 09 2013 at 1:25am
Have any of you dabbled in freelancing? I've been offering personal services to people since October '12 and at first found it exciting that people took up my offer and assistance. I've grown a bit weary though as my clients have dropped off and I've been in a constant influx. I love what I do, I just have to find a solid foundation!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2013 at 5:48am
May I ask what type of free lancing you offer?  When you say personal services...do you do them remotely or in person? 

I understand that clients drop off.  Although the media and government says that the economy is good...it is still not what it used to be and people are still pinching pennies....at least in my experience with business.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
amandagreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2013 at 5:36am
Sure, clients drop off, but there are clients out there and part of being a freelancer means going and getting them ie doing what the company you work for would do. They would advertise, offer specials, they would find a great supplier and drop prices radically on one treatment...

Being a freelancer is not just about offering beauty services, there is a business side related to it. If you can't sell yourself and your product but you are a top notch beautician, then it's ok to go and work for someone else..

What you need is some consistency because freelancing also includes consistency. So get yourself some main clients that are pretty stable. Every business knows that 20% of the clientelle brings in 80% of the profits and vise versa. You need to find your 20%. These clients are easy to maintain as long as your service are good and your prices are fair.

Try and do a free business course online or something. there are a bunch of paid sites too, but for a monthly fee of like $30 you can do as many as you want - not bad.

Good luck :)

basketball
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic