Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Build up of gunk/residue/dandruff?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sandyllama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandyllama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Build up of gunk/residue/dandruff?
    Posted: February 09 2013 at 10:35pm
Don't be grossed out! Although I kinda am lol

When I rub my fingernail along the back of my scalp, closer to my neck, I notice a build up of residue. I am not sure if it's dandruff collecting or residue from the conditioner. I will pick at it until it releases, sometimes there is a tiny bit of blood on my finger nail. Do any of you relate to this or have any advice?

I have long hair down to my waist that is thick and heavy, and difficult to move when washing it. I use Head and Shoulders Classic Clean.

Edited by sandyllama - February 09 2013 at 10:36pm
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2013 at 11:57am
It sounds like you are missing that part of your head when doing your rinsing. Maybe if you part your hair in the middle when you wash and keep the 2 sides in front of you, it would help more water get through the thick part of the hair at the back of the head.

One of the best things to do for flakes (aside from the dandruff shampoo, or using only dilute shampoo), is really to leave your scalp alone during the day so that nothing comes loose and gets on your clothes and such. Also, while the shampoo is on your head, you can run a comb over your scalp to make sure it is getting very clean and any dead skin is getting removed. (Not through the length of the hair, just over the scalp in sections and out.)
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2013 at 10:38pm
Did you post this topic somewhere else in this forum because I just answered this questions somewhere else so if you go there you can see my suggestions.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic