Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Angelina's Pony Hair Handbag

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shinning_likeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinning_likeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Angelina's Pony Hair Handbag
    Posted: May 07 2014 at 6:11am
So pony hair bags are made out of Pony tail or mane hair you mean?

Thats shocking
Dayla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2014 at 2:18pm
Well I think that Angie does not like it when animals are harmed so I am sure that is the full intent.
shinninglikeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinninglikeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2013 at 7:15am
Pony hair bags Without harming them. Is quiet possible,
THAN I want one too, please upload some pictures if you can
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2013 at 3:22pm
Thank you so much for posting this.  It's an interesting piece of info.

I hope your friend found a great deal because those Akris bags are gorgeous...and they are very pricey brand new.  The current 2013 horsehair bag starts around $4,000.  Yikes.  Handmade and gorgeous, but still very pricey.

Yes, Angelina's long time celebrity hairstylist - David Babaii - has been quoted as saying Angelina encouraged him to start WildAide which was a hair line developed to support wild animal refuges with Kate Hudson.

The line was eventually absorbed by another company although Babaii is supposedly working on another hair care line which will also support animals.

Babaii has said that Angie cares about animal cruelty issues.  Ironically the Akris bags are often made with calf skins and other related animal hides.

The ponyhair bag where she had her stylist call the company was featured in the Spring of 2010.  Not sure if she bought any other bags from Akris?

When I think of Angie I always think of her hair and not so much her fashions although she always looks stunning.

Thanks again for sharing this celeb juice. 
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
glamourgirl25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glamourgirl25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2013 at 3:13pm
A friend of mine just found a great deal on one of the auction sites of a pony-hair bag from Akris.  I was helping her research whether the bag would be good or not. 

During my search I discovered that back in 2010 Angelina Jolie not only bought an Akris pony hair bag, she had her fashion stylist research how the bag was made to make sure that no horses or ponies were harmed in making of the bag.  Apparently Akris designer Albert Kriemler told Angie's fashion stylist that the horses are not harmed to get their hair.  They simply get haircuts and that hair is used for pony hair bags.

Fascinating.  Right?

A few years ago the word on the street was that Angie encouraged her long time celebrity hairstylist who started Wild Aide which was a hair care company benefiting wild animals...with Kate Hudson as a partner....to move forward with his company since it helped animals. 

It was cool to see that she apparently really cares about animal. Angie is know for her humanitarian projects but not particularly for a concern over animals.  Nice to see this.  It sets a good example.

Although this post is not about Angelina's hair it's about hair...sort of.  LOL. 

What do you think?  Does this show Angie is worried about animals being harmed unnecessarily in the name of fashion?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic