Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fix for light roots?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amerskia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amerskia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fix for light roots?
    Posted: February 28 2013 at 10:12pm
I tried to dye my naturally medium brown hair to blonde using at home kits. First I tried a medium golden blonde (L'Oreal Preference), but didn't see much of a change. Then I tried a lightest golden blonde (Garnier), which got me to a dark strawberry blonde. The "brassiness" works for my skin tone, and I'm fairly happy, except that the roots are lighter than the ends!

I like the lighter color at the roots, and would like to get the rest of my hair to match. What is the best way to do this? I'm nervous about ending up with a "line" in the middle of my hair.

(No, my hair was not previously dyed. I'm 31, and the last time I used haircolor I was in college.)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!
elumencolor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elumencolor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2013 at 9:18am
The only safe route is to use a non-ammonia demi permanent color to even it out.
Color doesn't life color really one level at most. To achieve blonde hair from medium brown hair you need to double process, first bleach to yellow or pale yellow (depending on which blonde color you are going for) and then tone.
amerskia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amerskia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2013 at 10:29pm
Thanks so much! I'll give it a try!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic