Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boy/girl makeovers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Andrea5087 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea5087 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boy/girl makeovers
    Posted: June 25 2000 at 6:12pm
I made my little boy over as a litle girl, for his sisters birthday party. I was really sure the hairdresser would flip when I rang, but she said she gets at least one enquiry a week about this subject..

If you want a change, go for it!!!
bobbedguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbedguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2000 at 7:59am
That sounds cool. So how did she fix his hair? Did he make a pretty girl? I think that it would be exciting to do something like this just to see what I would look like.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea5087 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2000 at 2:38pm
He sure did! LOL She put his hair into two scalp plaits a real party style! It went so well Im planning to try him in more fem attire some day soon, he really enjoys the change,plus the attention!
bobbedguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbedguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2000 at 8:38am
What a lucky boy. I have been searching for years to find a girl that would dress me up like a girl. I also enjoy the change and the wonderful feel of the clothes. How old are you and your bro? What did the people at the party think about it? And what did you dress him in?
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea5087 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2000 at 6:52pm
My bro is my son, BG! hes 7 yrs old,all the other attendees were girls, from the dance school, I dressed him in Jeans and a sweat top.....Im going to try something a bit more adventurous this weekend!
GuyLovesCurls View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuyLovesCurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2000 at 7:48pm

Hi there.

Couldn't help but notice the uniqueness of this post.  Making over your boy as a girl.  Hmmm...Interesting.  Now, as an adult, that would take on certain sexual overtones.  As a child, though, it might still be sexy...in a kid sort of way...but more cute than anything else.  I must admit, you've got guts, Andrea. :)

Jim

P.S.  Have you thought about giving him a perm?

bobbedguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbedguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2000 at 7:53am
Do you have anything particular in mind? Are you married? Just wondering if you have thought of doing this to an adult male. I bet your son looked cute. I assume that he liked it all. If you want you can e-mail me at bobbedguy@excite.com and let me know how it goes this weekend.
guywithbraids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guywithbraids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2000 at 12:25pm
Hi Andrea, Your story sounds very familiar, my Mom and I did the same thing when I was 10, and I LOVED it. My sister and I had very long hair. I used to wear it in a pony tail. One day they suggested braids. A few hours later I had two braids to the middle of my back and was wearing a navy blue dress. Allthrough my teenage years I would dress as often as I could. My mom really liked it. Every year at Christmas Mike would get his presents and "Cathie" would get a few pressents of her own. If this is your son's idea and he likes it I think it is great. If you are forcing him or punishing him by wanting to dress him up I think that is wrong. You don't want to give him any hangups, or make him unhappy later in life.

Two years ago I went full time, and now live as a woman. It was very difficult in the beginning, but for the past year my family has been very supportive. I still haven't cut my hair short, it is waist length and I'm going to keep it that length.
Good Luck Andrea,
Cathie
mommonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2000 at 1:52pm
Hi Andrea. How long is your sons hair. Because i too have two long haired sons and i want to dress them up as girls for the vacation we are going on for 5 days. Can u give me some advice on how u did that and what u used.

Bye and thanks
longhairstylist View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longhairstylist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2000 at 3:10pm
Dear Andrea,
What you are saying is definetely very interesting. The makeover of boys into girls is quite common in fact. And more so with hair involved. In fact a feminine hair style can give an excellent makeover effect. Especially when the hair is slightly long. Wigs are not ruled out too. I have read a lot on makeovers. Some styles like braids or twists give the best feminine look on boys.

But this could have huge implications in later life, like the boy becoming gay or a cross dresser for life. But the topic is definetely very interesting. Why don't you write me at coolddude7815@yahoo.com? I am sure we could exchange many ideas on braids and hairstyles for boys and girls. In fact anyone interested in hair styles or general hair chat, makeovers, do mail me.

longhairstylist.
bobbedguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbedguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2000 at 7:54am
I am a guy and would love a makeover that turned me into a girl. My hair is nice, healthy, thick, and cut into a bob below my ears with bangs. I love the hairstyle. It would be great to see how I would look all fixed up. I also think that the topic here is very interesting. My mom never dressed me like a girl and never really did my hair like a girls or let it grow long but I wish that she had done both. I would have loved it. No I am not gay and I wasn't abused or anything. I just love looking and feeling girly sometimes. I see nothing wrong with that since there are so many women today going for the power image with short short hair, no makeup, and power suites. I think that it makes a person more varied in experience to have been exposed to both stereotypes and then leave it up to the kid to decide. I know that I am a better person because I have and am exploring my feminine side. It's a lot of fun too.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea5087 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2000 at 8:39pm
Sure!!! Email me, I dont know if my experience with Jamie will help you, but Ill be happy to help!
longhairstylist View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longhairstylist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2000 at 5:43pm
Dear Bobbedguy,
Yours is a common request. Though I style ladies hair I get a lot of requests for boy-girl makeovers. I like doing it too. So if you're interested you can give me your mail ID and I'll definetely get in touch with you.

longhairstylist.
bobbedguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbedguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2000 at 8:15am
bobbedguy@excite.com
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea5087 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2000 at 4:22pm
Ive noticed that too, that it isnt as rare as you might think! When I took Jamie to be made over, not only did the beautician not 'bat an eye' at making up a boy to look like a little girl, she gave me good advice on clothes etc

In fact it was her suggestion that I pierce Jamies ears, "to look more convincing!!!"
bobbedguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbedguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2000 at 4:39pm
I have my hair cut in what most people see as a girlish style. It is cut in a bob below my ears with bangs. When I go to the salon, no one there really seems to make a scene or anything over my feminine hair. Granted that isn't like a total makeover from boy to girl (which I would love) but it makes me think that more people are getting used to more feminine guys.
ponytail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ponytail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2000 at 5:55pm
I just wanted to say that I am shocked that not one of you goes to Afterthoughts or Claires. they have beautiful hair accessories. Plastic hairbands with teeth long the edges give that cute combed back look with a little hair gel. What about accordian combs; they work well also. Plastic hairband (sorry headbands) are a staple of little girls. Come on!
bobbedguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbedguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2000 at 9:12am
I like to use hairbands and barrettes in my bobbed hair. It looks pretty and feminine and I love it.
Natalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2000 at 9:26pm
I'm sorry but doesn't any one else find this weird? Why would you want your little boy to look like a girl?
Natalie
arizona23 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arizona23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2000 at 12:11am
You're making a mistake. I can't believe you think this is ok. Let him make that decision when he's old enough. You're messing up his life.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic