Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is going on? Can you help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LittleRastafari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleRastafari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is going on? Can you help?
    Posted: March 17 2013 at 10:24am
Lately my relaxed hair has become see- through and thin, from what used to be very, very thick; the kind of thick that breaks a comb, haha

This has happened before, and I braided my hair with weave then with my own hair for two years, and it got very thick again. I'm thinking about getting braided weave in, but I don't know if my hair is strong enough to handle it.
My hair now:

http://i47.tinypic.com/vskygh.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/2res4s8.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/2mlnbd.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/e0ny9j.jpg

Also, I do NOT want to opt to the BC ( big chop) because my hair is everything to me, it's the only thing that makes me feel good about myself. I just need to know what I can do to help my hair get thicker and longer, and stop looking so separated.
Thank you for reading! :(

Edited by LittleRastafari - March 17 2013 at 10:26am
"A dog is a gentlemen, I hope he goes to his heaven and not man's"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleRastafari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2013 at 8:19pm
Bump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleRastafari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2013 at 6:05pm
Bump.
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 6:42pm
Since no one has helped you I will give you some advice. I have never gotten a relaxer or braids or anything like that but I do know from being interested in hair and beauty that relaxers are very damaging to the hair. Relaxers can cause hair to thin, become brittle, dry and cause breakage and hair loss. Many women are now choosing to stop relaxing their hair all together because it is very damaging. This could be the reason your hair has become thinner. When you stop using chemicals your hair can begin to grow in healthier and thicker again.
kristen.zuzgo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristen.zuzgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2013 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Ericachristina Ericachristina wrote:

Since no one has helped you I will give you some advice. I have never gotten a relaxer or braids or anything like that but I do know from being interested in hair and beauty that relaxers are very damaging to the hair. Relaxers can cause hair to thin, become brittle, dry and cause breakage and hair loss. Many women are now choosing to stop relaxing their hair all together because it is very damaging. This could be the reason your hair has become thinner. When you stop using chemicals your hair can begin to grow in healthier and thicker again.

In addition to ericachristina's advise I would suggest you try Keratin treatments, They are protein rich and also have a relaxing effect on the hair. I would avoid the braiding for a while as that can cause breakage and make your hair thinner and frizzy. Ask you stylist about Keratin treatment. I hope your hair gets thicker and stronger.
MarsyFlames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MarsyFlames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2018 at 2:10am
Originally posted by kristen.zuzgo kristen.zuzgo wrote:

Originally posted by Ericachristina Ericachristina wrote:

In addition to ericachristina's advise I would suggest you try Keratin treatments, They are protein rich and also have a relaxing effect on the hair. I would avoid the braiding for a while as that can cause breakage and make your hair thinner and frizzy. Ask you stylist about Keratin treatment. I hope your hair gets thicker and stronger.

I think I'm late with my opinion, but still. 
You should definitely visit a doctor to check your hormone level. And as said above try some keratin stuff. Or maybe, as I did, grab biotin, argan and castor oil shampoo, like ones described in this article - http://mystraightener.com/best-natural-shampoo/ - http://mystraightener.com/best-natural-shampoo/. Just be careful, hair might become too oily after use.

Edited by MarsyFlames - November 07 2018 at 4:44am
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic