Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ombre gone wrong.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rrmz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrmz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ombre gone wrong.
    Posted: April 26 2013 at 11:07am
Let me give u a quick background on hair. Im naturally dark brown. I used Garnier Nurisee Intense Red for Dark hair for a couple of years. Then a couple of months ago I used the same garnier brand but light brown since I knew I was going to go Ombre. Then I bleach my tips twice (not back to back) then I had orangey tips. Then used Wella lightest ask blonde T18 with 30 developer. it got me here ... (hope u can see it) I've been using clairol shimmer lights as well. I was waiting to tone or bleach (don't really know wich one is best at this point) my ends because I do want them a bit lighter, but know the mid section of my hair is turning red. I belive is the red dye I used for a couple of years. Can anybody give me and advise on how to get rid of my red under tone? I have read a green toner will do it but what will it do to my ends? I loooove the ombre hair and I really want to make it work for me without haveing to pay hundreds. Thank you much in advance guys.Smile

Edited by rrmz - April 26 2013 at 11:17am
blackkitten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackkitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2013 at 1:23am
There is actually a thread for the red tones found here:

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=42988

It was exactly as I suspected, and it revolves around the color wheel. The color that is showing through, you need to pick a toner the opposite of that color. So for instance, if your hair is red orange tone, you would use blue-green. That sort of thing. You wouldn't want to apply the toner to your ends, if you are going to bleach them out to get them lighter. Actually I wouldn't recommend you bleaching your ends again, that's just going to dry them out. What I would honestly do is just use a stronger developer, and probably around the same color you were using. Do you know the developer strength that you used the last time?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic