Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lionesse 2" Red Tourmaline

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amymurry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amymurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lionesse 2" Red Tourmaline
    Posted: May 06 2013 at 5:48am
I've been using the Lionesse 2" Red Tourmaline Professional Straightening Iron on my hair and I've seen some nice results. But what is red tourmaline exactly? Does anyone out there know?
dannar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 6:33am
It's actually a precious stone that is said to have a lot of spiritual qualities. You know – zest for living, increased potential for love, heightened life force energies. It's from the crystal family and has been used for a lot of purposes because of its intense heating qualities. Red tourmaline becomes electrically charged by rubbing it or heating it. When it's charged, one of the ends becomes negative and the other end is positive. I think this is why it works well in professional curling irons. Its heating qualities seem to restore luster and shine to hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic