Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tips For Dry Skin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hair4brides View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair4brides Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tips For Dry Skin
    Posted: June 18 2013 at 4:27am
 The skin’s dry condition is aggravated by the use of soap, detergents and toners. So a gentle approach which boosts the skin’s moisture levels and makes it soft and supple which is considered to be a must.
(1)  Moisturizer is much more effective on properly exfoliated skin. Use a salt or sugar scrub in the shower and exfoliate your face with a mild scrub made for the face at least once a week.
(2)  there is the use of vitamins and mineral as a daily routine. Anyone who wants a younger and glowing skin must use more and more fruits and vegetable on daily basis. A long term routine use of vitamins and mineral is sure to bear fruit.
(3)  Plain, whole milk, applied and left on for 10 minutes and washed with cold water helps.this should be done twice a day.
(4)  Applying face pack made of fruits which are rich in vitamins and water could do a great deal on the dry skin. There are different fruits used for this purpose, they include peach, banana and papaya. 
(5)  Always use mild or a fragrance free soap for the charming look.

Regards
Lara Smith
Makeup Artist Brisbane
shinninglikeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinninglikeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2013 at 2:29pm

Hello there,
It really matters what products you use and food you eat on your body as a result these affects or lets say shows an effect on your skin, hair and body.
Well everyone is aware of the fact that oily and carbs food id not good for body but it is also not good for skin and hair,everything or whatever we eat gives its good and bad effects on our guts and than on or skin and hair. S o I believe before to resort on any products to hep a skin or hair problem one must really follow good diet in order to get a beautiful skin and hair and also a beautiful body.
To eat right is also to Drink Right,make water as your favorite drink and eat lots of protein, fiber and fruits,lentils avoid juices Nowadays green tea is s easily available but not accepted by all on a large scale It real works wonder for hair and skin.
Take a good skin care, well i mean a daily Body moisturizer a sunscreen and a lip care balm all these are the least we can do but Must Do's
I use Vaseline total moisture as a body moisturizer every morning and before going to sleep. it keeps my skin moisturized and soft and glowy.The cream is with milk, honey, vitamin E & glycerine a grwat solution for any skin problem.
Aloe Vera protects nourishes and moisturises the skin In addition aloe vera acts as a brightening gel by removing dead skin and keeps oiliness under check.Aloe Vera is well known to freshen and moisturise the skin...
Its high content of anti oxidants can wake up that tired dull skin and make the skin feel fresh smooth supple and
beautiful.
amandagreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2013 at 1:03pm
I like the idea of whole milk. I recently read a tip where you should bath in water with 2 cups of milk added. It has some nice softening lactic acid and even those 2 cups so heavily diluted helps!
James12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2013 at 6:02am

Normally people experience dry skin problems at some point in their lives. Before you can treat dry skin properly, you need to know what's causing it. Dry skin caused by genetics, environmental conditions, excessive bathing, so you need to worry about your dry skin, most of my friends are using branded cosmetics to get rid of dry skin.

Resource - http://reformagroup.com

websteranne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote websteranne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2015 at 2:50am
Milk has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that greatly help get rid of dry and itchy skin. Plus, the lactic acid in milk exfoliates dead skin cells and increases the skin’s ability to retain moisture. Also, it helps lighten your complexion.

bebeautyashley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebeautyashley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2015 at 10:33pm
I like to use EVAO (extra virgin argan oil) for my dry skin, it has left me with soft, healthy skin! It has also helped clear my acne and works great on my hair so its an added bonus. I used to buy a  brand that mixed it with other ingredients on my face and body but it left me greasy. With pure argan oil, it dries super fast and leaves no oily residue.

Edited by Karen Shelton - June 08 2015 at 7:05pm
MiaMackenzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiaMackenzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2018 at 10:46pm
Homemade things you can try is honey + oatmeal mask..they hydrate your face. You can also try washing your face with cetaphil facial wash. It is a very gentle face wash that won't strip away your natural oils.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic