Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can't get my hair extensions to blend! Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SexyKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SexyKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't get my hair extensions to blend! Help!
    Posted: July 04 2013 at 8:03am
Hi everyone

I hope this is the right section to post under. If not my apologies.

Im having a problem getting my clip in extensions to blend with my own hair. When I first got them I had them trimmed a bit at the ends but thats it. Ive been wearing them for about 2 months now. When I wear them wavy they dont look as bad and they blend with my own hair better. But I recently flat ironed them and am wearing them strait and the top part of my hair doesn't blend at all and it looks obvious from the back. I am wearing 5 wefts in the back. I bought the hair and doubled it up and sewed the clips on to make them thicker.  I am going to post a picture so you can see what I mean. I just need some advice on what to do because I am scared to get them cut as I dont want them wrecked and I have had that happen to me in the past. I always get them cut while in my hair as I wear them in the same spot everyday. Ive had them cut while not in my hair and when I go to put them in they never blend or look good so I can only get them cut while in my hair. I dont want my hair to have too many layers or look choppy. I also dont want it to look really thin at the back. So Im scared if they cut another layer in the back will it look too thin? Should I just add more hair maybe?

Any advice you can give me would be great!

Thanks!!!

You can see better in the second pic.

Edited by SexyKitty - July 04 2013 at 8:15am
Rachel S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2013 at 12:16am
Hello Dear, You have very beautiful hair. What you really need to do is to layer your hair to support the extension. You will also need another pack to help fill it in. Make sure that your extensions are as thick as your natural hair. Sending you a video to help you blend them. Hope that this will work for you :)

Have a dreamy day :)

Rachel !!!

Edited by Rachel S - July 05 2013 at 12:21am
SexyKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SexyKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2013 at 2:47pm
Hi Rachel,

So they need to layer it more? I dont want alot of layers though. Can they still do this and make it look good? And I should add more hair? Hmmm. I already have 5 wefts in the back. Do you think adding another 2 wefts would be too much bulk? I know its crazy when I say I have 5 wefts in the back it doesnt look that thick and these extensions are doubled up. But I bring alot of the hair around to the front and it looks thicker in the front thats probably why.

I didnt get the video. Please re send.

Thanks so much!
SiNfuL GirL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2013 at 3:48am
girl I have a ton of blonde hair its thin but i have a ton of it lol. I use two things of clip ins no matter who I buy from. So i apply three wefts from the ear to neck then on the top my natural hair is super short now because my old "kicked to the curb" stylist over lapped my bleach and broke my hair off. So I wear 3 -4 rows on top depending if I add black or pink or purple or whatever. I place mine really high like a U basically on the top under a enough hair to cover the clips. make sure your real hair is straight not curved when you straighten it. You can just try adjusting where your placing your wefts. I know the videos dont say to place high but hey some of us have to. It will blend really well so you dont have to chop any hair off your wefts or your own head.
From looking at your pic though it does look like you need another set of extensions. =( just to help blending better.

Edited by SiNfuL GirL - July 13 2013 at 3:50am
Sinfuliphone.com
A stock iphone is a useless brick, I live to customize!
SexyKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SexyKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2013 at 7:58am
Thanks for your help Sinful. I do wear mine pretty high also. But its true I obviously need to add more hair I guess. I went to a girl who deals in extensions and she cut my hair to blend better with them so they do look better but I had brought spare extension wefts that I have and she said she wouldn't need to add them but after I got home even though it blends better I guess Im gonna have to go back to her and bring the extra hair and ask her to add them in and cut them to blend again. Then atleast they will look a little thicker too. I wish she would have added them in the first place tho. Now I have to go back and Im sure shes gonna charge me again.

Edited by SexyKitty - July 17 2013 at 8:01am
SiNfuL GirL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2013 at 3:30pm
I would tell her you don't feel its fair to be charged again when you brought the extra hair the first time and she didnt put them in to blend. One thing to is just because they say they deal in extensions its better to find someone who "specializes" in extensions. They take a shootty class in school and do a couple installs but Im telling you ive been doing this for years and every once in a while I learn new tricks. Its not rocket science but there is a art to installing extensions weather thats clip ins, hot and cold fusion, wefts, tape, etc. Very rarely do I ever cut someones real hair unless they want it cut or need it cut to blend extensions.
I would def go back and add in the extra wefts.  Some of us just need more hair lol. =)
Sinfuliphone.com
A stock iphone is a useless brick, I live to customize!
DoctoredLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoctoredLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2013 at 3:42pm
Take a look at our video for believable blending.
http://www.doctoredlocks.com/product/Blending-Extension-Hair-Tutorial

SexyKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SexyKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2013 at 11:43am
Great tutorials!

Thanks for sharing this! Very helpful!  Now if only I could find someone who knows how to do this!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic