Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Marina Ruy Barbosa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Hallefan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hallefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marina Ruy Barbosa
    Posted: July 10 2013 at 5:33pm
This beautiful Brazilian soap opera star will shave her head in a few days for her role in the plot.

Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2013 at 7:39pm
That would definitely be a bit of a change, now wouldn't it?
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2013 at 7:58pm
     Bad idea. REALLY foolish idea. I'm not aware of this woman, but I can't imagine that her fans are pleased. Confused 
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2013 at 10:17pm
From what I could see online (and through Internet translations), it kind of sounds like she's desperately trying to get out of doing it because of a few haircare or makeup endorsement deals. It'll be interesting to see if it happens -- I could see this being a publicity stunt of sorts.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2013 at 6:39am
Hair seems her most striking feature.
jug jug to dirty ears
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2013 at 8:15am
Latest I found online is that the writer/director/producer/whatever decided to let her keep her hair after major fan outcry. 

So crisis averted.  No more to see here.  Go back to your homes...
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2013 at 12:35am
Way to go, outcriers! Way to go, decision maker!
Who has more fun than people?
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2013 at 8:28am
Sweet. I guess write in still work in some places. Not here in the US Friefly. Is one show that should have gone on.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Native View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Native Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2013 at 10:31am
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
P-nut gallery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-nut gallery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2013 at 4:46pm
Whew!  Crisis avoided indeed.

Hallefan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hallefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2013 at 8:43pm
By the time I created the topic (July 10) the writer Walcyr Carrasco was keeping his decision to not change the plot and keep the shave scene. He said "I hope she will keep her promisse and shave her head".

Yesterday (July 11), due to her protests and her fans complaints, he gave up and said he will change the plot and she won't cut her hair, like JerkyFlea noticed.

I'm happy with this ending. I LOVE short haired and bald girls, but I don't like unwanted haircuts.
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2013 at 8:54am
While the world will remain more aesthetic with this decision, one of my biggest superficial pet peeves is when someone says they'll do something (such as agreeing to shave her head to get a role) only to try to wriggle and whine their way out of it when the time comes to deliver. You see it all the time on America's Next Top Model, where girls say they're willing to do anything, and then freak the hell out over the smallest cut.

Granted, shaving your head is not a small cut, but this woman gave her word that she'd do something, and then welshed on it. That makes her more unattractive than a bad haircut ever could.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2013 at 12:37am
[QUOTE=Klaatu48]While the world will remain more aesthetic with this decision, one of my biggest superficial pet peeves is when someone says they'll do something (such as agreeing to shave her head to get a role) only to try to wriggle and whine their way out of it when the time comes to deliver. You see it all the time on America's Next Top Model, where girls say they're willing to do anything, and then freak the hell out over the smallest cut. QUOTE]

America's Next Top Model, with the unsufferable Tyra Banks, is a show I will never watch again. They seemingly have longhair women cut their hair for no apparent reason while giving extensions to shorthair women. All for what? Ratings? They lost me!
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2013 at 4:13am
I never haved watched it. I guess Im not missing much from ANTM. LOL.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2013 at 4:44am
Tyra Banks truly is "insufferable".
jug jug to dirty ears
Hallefan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hallefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2013 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Klaatu48 Klaatu48 wrote:

While the world will remain more aesthetic with this decision, one of my biggest superficial pet peeves is when someone says they'll do something (such as agreeing to shave her head to get a role) only to try to wriggle and whine their way out of it when the time comes to deliver. You see it all the time on America's Next Top Model, where girls say they're willing to do anything, and then freak the hell out over the smallest cut.

Granted, shaving your head is not a small cut, but this woman gave her word that she'd do something, and then welshed on it. That makes her more unattractive than a bad haircut ever could.

Yes, many people here in Brazil now are angry with her, not because of her hair but because of the broken promisse. "She's not professional" they are saying (and other harder things).

The solution found for the plot: the character will die and she will come back in spirit (with long hair).
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2013 at 12:00am
We have plenty of room for women with long beautiful hair in the United States. Please extend an invitation once they kill her off. Thank you in advance. Smile
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2013 at 7:08am
Originally posted by Hallefan Hallefan wrote:

Originally posted by Klaatu48 Klaatu48 wrote:

Yes, many people here in Brazil now are angry with her, not because of her hair but because of the broken promisse. "She's not professional" they are saying (and other harder things).

Does anybody really care about her breaking her promise? Of course, the short haired lovers will be disappointed--but that's a different thing.

The solution found for the plot: the character will die and she will come back in spirit (with long hair).
jug jug to dirty ears
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2013 at 7:09am
No one really cares about a young woman breaking a promise about her hair.
jug jug to dirty ears
Hallefan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hallefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2013 at 10:16am
Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

No one really cares about a young woman breaking a promise about her hair.

In this case many people do care. Ordinary people don't forgive this kind of behavior when a celebrity, who earns a lot of money, don't do what is needed for her job. it's the same with a famous soccer player who refuses to training with the team. Many persons can handle with the abism between their own incomes and celebrities big fortunes, but becomes angry if the celebrity doesn't seem to worth each penny. In people's mind Marina Ruy Barbosa was transfered from the "idols" file to the "not reliable person" file (along with a lot of politicians). It may sound unfair (she's only eighteen), but it is how it works.

Edited by Hallefan - July 15 2013 at 11:19am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic