Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Marina Ruy Barbosa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2013 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Hallefan Hallefan wrote:

Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

No one really cares about a young woman breaking a promise about her hair.

In this case many people do care. Ordinary people don't forgive this kind of behavior when a celebrity, who earns a lot of money, don't do what is needed for her job. it's the same with a famous sooccer who refuses to training with the team. Many persons can handle with the abism between their own incomes and celebrities big fortunes, but becomes angry if the celebrity doesn't seem to worth each penny. In people's mind Marina Ruy Barbosa was transfered from the "idols" file to the "not reliable person" file (along with a lot of politicians). It may sound unfair (she's only eighteen), but it is how it works.

Personally, I think it takes a lot of courage to stand up to pressure, and make a decision which you know is right for you. I'm very happy for her. I'm tired of women being bullied into cutting, or worse, shaving their hair off. Big%20smile
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2013 at 11:58am
But a key point, Bob, is that she wasn't being forced into it. She was told it was a requirement for the job, and she accepted the job. She made a commitment to do it. I'm sure there are plenty of actresses who would have accepted the role if she had turned it down, and now she basically cheated them out of a job.

Edited by Klaatu48 - July 15 2013 at 11:59am
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2013 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Klaatu48 Klaatu48 wrote:

But a key point, Bob, is that she wasn't being forced into it. She was told it was a requirement for the job, and she accepted the job. She made a commitment to do it. I'm sure there are plenty of actresses who would have accepted the role if she had turned it down, and now she basically cheated them out of a job.

Fair point. But they could bump her off, and hire an actress who will willingly do it. But, she has gained a nice fan base now who have howled their protests. (Yes, we howl.) And the producers don't want to lose a popular character, so the story line changed. Hey, she's only 18, and she loves her hair. Who can blame her?
     I remember when thigh-length lovely Bai Ling shaved her head, and cried a bucket of tears. I thought it was cruel and pointless. Broken%20Heart And her hair has never been anything to speak of since. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic