Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

***Long Hair Crisis***

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hipchickblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hipchickblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ***Long Hair Crisis***
    Posted: July 23 2001 at 12:48pm
I have been growing my hair out for the past two years, and it`s past the middle of my back. It looks really nice when I straighten it with the blowdryer, but it takes me an hour and a half to straighten. My hair is naturally wavy, and I`ve tried scrunching products, but my hair seems to way them down. I want to find new and easy hairstyles. Can you help me?
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2001 at 7:41pm
Reply to message: 4.2034.1
Hi,

I`ll bet your hair looks very nice when you straighten it.

But do you know what? I`m sure it looks great too when you leave it naturally wavy. How about braiding your hair after you put in the scrunching products, then take out the braids when it`s dry? That should leave you with nice waves :-)

Hope this helps. And why not come on over to the long hair support message board? I`m sure the nice people there can give you some other ideas.

Dave
deoxyribose View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deoxyribose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2001 at 11:15am
Visit www.tlhs.org and ask your question in the guestbook... the ladies on that site are a wealth of information and very helpful... They`ve helped me many times!
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2001 at 6:52pm
I also tend to have wavy hair and I find if I braid my hair the night before and take the braid out the morning I have perfect wavy hair. I understand your frustration but you know what? Most people would just love to have your type of hair.
I remember this woman that I use to volunteer with. She always had fussy big hair and one day she walked in after the holidays and had perfect wavy spiral hair. I really thought she spend a fortune on products and she told that that it happen at the lake. She was laying down in the sun after taking a swim and for the first time she allowed it to dry naturally then her older son mentioned how beautiful her wavy hair was. She took one look in the mirror and wasn`t sure. Then neighbors and friends came upon her and told her during that week how nice her hair was and ask where she had it done etc.

dianefromcanada
susieK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2001 at 2:17pm
I have hair like yours. I found products called Batia and Aleeza (shampoo, conditioner and gel). They are amazing. After using the shampoo and conditioner, I get out of the shower and apply some of the gel. I crunch it a little bit and let it air dry. It dries in about an hour. It`s broken the monotony of my plain and wavy hair. And it`s given me self confidence too. Check them out.
Caity View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2002 at 8:39pm
Hey, sorry i dont have a solution to your problem.. jsut wanted to let u know that your not the only one with that problem. But, there is a non-chemical relaxer that takes all the wave and curl out of my hair and then it takes half the drying time. Its called KMS Flat Out. I got at a salon in the mall for about $20-30. But, it works great. trust me... email me back if u have an answer anyone for anything better...
thanx
N2U14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N2U14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2002 at 4:37pm
try braiding you hair then hairspraying it while its wet, then sleeping with it braided. When u wake up, take the braids out and you should have beautiful waves.
*~Julie~*
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic