Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kate Mara

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kate Mara
    Posted: September 24 2013 at 1:09pm
Kate Mara used to have such beautiful hair. With all the styles available for a big night like the Emmy Awards, why go with this one?

Kate%20Mara

Who has more fun than people?
P-nut gallery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-nut gallery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2013 at 3:25pm
Didn't Emma Watson do basically the same thing for some premiere or something?

TDurden2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDurden2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2013 at 9:30pm
She unfortunately chopped it off a while back according to gettyimages. By the same token, she never really had "long" hair; so maybe "chopped" isn't the right word lol. A shame nevertheless, I agree.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2013 at 8:55am

She "never" had long hair? Apparently, you weren't watching Nip/Tuck when she Kate played a cheerleader.

imagebam.com

Or just Google her and you'll see tons of photos of Kate with long hair.

I guess I need your definition of long hair. Heck, this photo was taken in February 2012:
terone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2013 at 9:14am
This saddens me.  I love Kate Mara, and long hair is better on her.
Michael1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2013 at 5:42pm
Kate's long hair made her look about 14. Sadly, she didn't do anything fun or get any kind of bangs.

This looks like she stood in front of the mirror and cut straight across. There's no style. Sadly, it's likely she goes to an expensive salon to do this.
nobodyatall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nobodyatall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2013 at 9:16pm
When she actually does something other than the chemically straightened look it's quite nice. This isn't the latest though, apparently she has gone blonde or at least gotten some highlights now.

Recent loose wavy look:
kate-mara.org/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=4640&fullsize=1%20]

"Blonde" look
http://www.eonline.com/news/472532/kate-mara-goes-blond-see-the-star-s-surprising-hair-color-change

EdIt: Having link issues. So do your best.

Edited by nobodyatall - November 03 2013 at 9:18pm
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2014 at 10:28pm
OMG, my eyes are burning!

Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2014 at 10:49pm
I think you all know I'm usually for letting actresses experiment if they want, but... No. Oh, dear sweetie, no.
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2014 at 9:52am
That doesn't work at all on any level
Its your hair, your choice and your decision
natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2014 at 12:03pm
Just awful.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2014 at 4:07pm
The cut, the style, the color .... there's just nothing right about this
HAWG
texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2014 at 9:54pm
Looks like short may be coming to get rid of that mess.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2014 at 12:14pm

The next day... Hey, at least she smiled.

Edited by Kramer - January 12 2014 at 12:15pm
Rayman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rayman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2015 at 12:12pm
Went even shorter now:
Kate Mara pixie haircut
With a few exceptions all her hairstyles she sported after chopping off her long hair were disappointing and this is one no exception for me.
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2015 at 12:42pm
She has a very interesting, unconventionally attractive face. While her hair looked great when it was long and flowing, it looked pretty meh at the bob length. This, however, keeps it away from her features, so I kind of like it. I'd put it just behind the long, long hair, but we'll ahead of the other styles.
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2015 at 1:02pm
Having liked none of her styles prior to this, I'd rate this one higher, if only because it clears out previous mistakes and *almost* forces her to abandon that flat, slicked combover-ear-tuck combination to which she's been so loyal through every chop and color change, and which (IMHO) ruined every previous style. It's still there, but is too short to lay quite as flat now. Add bangs and this would almost work.

Next challenge: smiling!
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
P-nut gallery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-nut gallery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2015 at 3:11pm
looks...awkward, but maybe it's just the picture
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2015 at 3:36pm
Much "fresher" cut, works well with her features
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2015 at 6:47am
Better!
jug jug to dirty ears
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic