Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Long feminine hairstyles for men

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mikerosss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikerosss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long feminine hairstyles for men
    Posted: October 03 2013 at 4:55pm
Hello everyone,

1st of all i am a guy who loves long beautiful silky hair. I was intrigued by this hairstyles since i was young. Now I am 31 and for the first time trying to grow my hair long. In my youth i have met a lot of long haired men, but i never liked the long unclean kind of hair of a rock star. Also i have grown up in a very conservative environment. So i have had a short military style ever since. I even did not have the courage to tell my girlfriend about this, whom i love since the first sight. We have been together for almost 4 years now. One day in January 2013 she discovered my "fetish" while i was browsing through some hairstyle pictures. I explained it... and she understood. Later on i told her that i would like to grow my hair long. At first she was very uncertain if she would like it but she accepted this because it is a part of me.
So well, right now my hair is still short. I think maybe next month it will cover my ears. My goal would be at least shoulder length. I will wait and see how my girlfriend reacts and confront her slowly with my desire of wearing a more feminine hairstyle. So i was wandering what you think of men with long feminine hairstyles...? Or even which shoulder length or longer, layered, roller curled, high ponytails, updo´s, inverted bobs … just feminine hairstyle do you think would suite a man? And what experience do you have as a man wearing long feminine hair or what experience do you have as a woman with your boyfriend/husband wearing long feminine hair?

Mike
chrisluo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisluo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2013 at 8:35pm

I want long a short hair,my own hair is long so i always look for short wigs in the online shop.And i find that for different skin colors there are different styles of wigs ,such as there are African American style long and short wigs for black women and European style wigs for white women.

Ricc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2013 at 9:34am
Hi, Mike.

I can't give the woman's perspective you're looking for, but I am a male who has always had similar interests and has worn such styles since I was 21 back the '80s. I've considered myself less a fetishist than an enthusieset, though and I consider my cultivated appreciation of beautiful hair one of the great joys of my life. My attitude has always been that anything that you enjoy that doesn't do harm is something to celebrate.

Anyway, over the years I've worn mine from guy-short to nearly waist length and in most of the popular women's styles of the last 3 decades. As far as acceptance is concerned, it's often best to find a medium between your desires and what looks good on you. Hair itself isn't substatially different between males and females. My approach is to choose looks just as a woman would. Choose styles, cuts, and colors (if you go that way) that work best with your face shape, body type, coloration and personality-- just as a woman does. You can read a lot on this on the web or a good stylist can advise you.

In my experience people are surprisingly accepting of a male with a more feminine hairstyle if your hair looks really good for you-- even if it looks good in a feminine way. Obviously many styles aren't going to work in every situation. For instance, you probably don't want to wear your updo to a football game or like that, but someplace where there is mostly women or the arts crowd, go for it. I've done that myself, in fact.

While most women don't really have an appreciation of this sort of thing, many do and even have something of a passion for it. If you'll look at other post in this same section you'll read some by such women. Some of them have even pursuaded their boyfriends to grow it out and let them do it as such. I've not hooked up with anyone like that myself, but I probably haven't really prioritized it.

Anyway, good luck with it, Mike.
BobbedAtLast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobbedAtLast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2014 at 2:14pm
Mike,

I have had long, feminine hair for decades, from waist-length with and without bangs, with feathered-back bangs, to all one length.  I currently have had an angled, inverted and stacked bob for 4 years and love it (my avatar image shows as first cut, it is now a "lob" -- long bob that touches my shoulder blades in the front and angles up to the stacked back.  So, I say do it!
jamiejenj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamiejenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 7:27pm
I'm a guy with straight thick brown hair currently cut in a blunt chin length bob with wide blunt bangs. My next appt I'm going to get an angled bob with bangs, chin length in the front angled to mid ear in the back and stacked. I'm soooo excited. My hair is going to be sooo pretty.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic