Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dying Hair While I Have Extensions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AllisonMD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisonMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dying Hair While I Have Extensions?
    Posted: October 22 2013 at 12:31pm
I have naturally light brown, mousy hair. I want extensions (my hair is very limp), but I have been dying my hair darker for years. If i get dark hair extensions, is it possible for me to continue to dye my roots without damaging the extensions? I plan to get real, human hair and hopefully use a safe application, such as warm keratin.

thanks, guys!

-allison
charmedhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charmedhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2013 at 8:19am
Hi Allison,

What kind of extensions are you looking at getting. If they are clip in hair extensions for instance, I would suggest removing them before dying your hair, as hair dye could strip the hair of its natural shine and leave it dry and course.

If they are more permanent like micro weft, sew in etc, then you could dye your hair whilst wearing the extensions, granted you purchase 100% human hair (preferably virgin hair, as its unprocessed hair).

However, if you can avoid dying the hair at all, I would suggest that you do this. Please see link to how to look after your hair extensions, which gives you all the do's and donts on how to maintain your hair. This article applies for all human hair extensions and I, (as a human hair extension user) have managed to make my extensions last for up to 6 months following this routine.

enjoy.

DoctoredLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoctoredLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2013 at 1:37pm
Coloring may mess with the keratin bonding. With Linkies you will be safe to color after the install. 

CynthiaMoore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CynthiaMoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2014 at 7:03am
Yes, you can dye your hair. If you are using 100 % human hair extension, then you can do anything with your hair extension. It will not damage to your extension, But remember one thing comb properly after shampoo and condition to prevent them from tangles.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic