Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Serinda Swan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Serinda Swan
    Posted: October 23 2013 at 1:02am
Gasp. Serinda Swan has gone from this:

to this:

to this:

to this:

to this:

to this in September when she posted on Facebook: I had a great cover shoot today with Zee Lifestyle Magazine. Oh and by the way, I cut my hair 

to this:

I have to agree with Facebook poster: Ryan Bullock First long & brunette; then long & blonde; now short & highlighted? How could you do that to this beautiful head of hair?

Who has more fun than people?
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2013 at 6:55am
While I'll always say anyone is free to try what they want with their own hair, I kind of agree with you and the poster on this one.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2013 at 9:39am
Ditto.  Did she say, "Give me the Alyssa Milano"?  Or vice versa?

Fixated?  Who is fixated? Wink
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2013 at 2:26pm
Again, this (long style) is one of those styles that I feel folks mistakenly think is fantastic simply because the woman wearing it is staggeringly attractive. The average woman gets this style and she simply has a stringy mess - the follicular version of "mom sweatpants".

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2013 at 3:33am
You could have resisted. You chose not to. Please don't try and correct my lifelong passion for long hair and I will not try to correct your holier-than-thou attitude toward people who enjoy "fantastic" hair on women who are "staggeringly attractive" or otherwise. Thank you.

Edited by Kramer - October 24 2013 at 3:33am
texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2013 at 7:59am
Lighten up Kramer. I saw an opportunity to poke fun at a comment made by JrekyFlea about a bob hairstyle. Glad you have a passion about something. I am deeply hurt, however. I don't have a holier-than-thou attitude, just an obvious superior taste and eye for hairstyles.

In the end all the opinions expressed on this board are merely preferences, eye-of-the-beholder. There is no actual absolute truth about style. Get enough people on board for your preference and you have a trend. That is why I will champion your right to express your opinion and passion... even if you are wrong ;-)
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2013 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by texdillo texdillo wrote:

Again, this (long style) is one of those styles that I feel folks mistakenly think is fantastic simply because the woman wearing it is staggeringly attractive. The average woman gets this style and she simply has a stringy mess - the follicular version of "mom sweatpants". Sorry, couldn't resist.

Perhaps Zee Lifestyle Magazine sells ads for hair extensions, in which case they now have a textbook model with bland locks all ready to go.fishhook
Native View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Native Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2013 at 2:51pm

Lighten up Kramer. I saw an opportunity to poke fun at a comment made by JrekyFlea about a bob hairstyle. Glad you have a passion about something. I am deeply hurt, however. I don't have a holier-than-thou attitude, just an obvious superior taste and eye for hairstyles.

In the end all the opinions expressed on this board are merely preferences, eye-of-the-beholder. There is no actual absolute truth about style. Get enough people on board for your preference and you have a trend. That is why I will champion your right to express your opinion and passion... even if you are wrong ;-)

Oh, no - you must understand that Kramer's taste are not subjective. His long hair fetish defines the world. That is why he wails an gnashes teeth and asks how could anyone else like another style that is not long hair and bangs.

Because there is only one right preference.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2013 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Native Native wrote:

Oh, no - you must understand that Kramer's taste are not subjective. His long hair fetish defines the world. That is why he wails an gnashes teeth and asks how could anyone else like another style that is not long hair and bangs.

Because there is only one right preference.
Native, if I had a dollar for everyone who chastized me for preferring long hair and defending the right to enjoy it, I'd have enough to bribe someone to ban mean-spirited people like yourself from the site. Instead of focusing on what I like, why not issue your own opinion on the style? Texdillo is right when he says "there is no actual absolute truth about style." Mine is my opinion -- my choice. Are you a bully in real life, too?
natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2013 at 1:41pm
Personally, I like "mean-spirited people" a lot better than self-righteous a**holes.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2013 at 3:01pm
Steady on, Natasha--that's a bit extreme.
jug jug to dirty ears
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2013 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by natasha natasha wrote:

Personally, I like "mean-spirited people" a lot better than self-righteous a**holes.

If you ever find yourself in a serious medical situation, say long-term care, these "mean-spirited" people you so love will become your worst nightmare. Just b/c someone disagrees with YOU does not make them "self-righteous". You are in for a long, sad life with that attitude. Confused Rob
natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2013 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

Steady on, Natasha--that's a bit extreme.

Kramer/Gord calls Native mean-spirited and a bully and fantasizes about banning him from this site. But *I* am a bit extreme. Well …

Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

If you ever find yourself in a serious medical situation, say long-term care, […]

Forget it, Rob. I don't even know what you're talking about.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2013 at 8:15am

Natasha, you live to bully and name call. Seriously, what did anyone on this site ever do to you except maybe like a style that you don't care for? When was the last time she actually commented on hair? Stay classy.

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2017 at 9:00pm
Playing Medusa in the new Marvels "Inhumans" coming soon; she has a buzzcut in some of the trailers out there and showed up the other night looking like this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYXVzAxHl9s/?taken-by=serindaswan

and here's a look at her as Medusa (scroll down towards the bottom for a gif or you can see her at the end of the trailer)

https://www.polygon.com/tv/2017/8/29/16220418/marvel-inhumans-trailer-medusa-hair

HAWG
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2017 at 9:34am
Just what I was looking forward to----another movie featuring a woman with a crewcut! She obviously has a beautiful face, but in light of this horrid haircut, the name "Swan" seems inappropriate. Broken Heart
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2017 at 1:10pm
nice
jug jug to dirty ears
orangenoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangenoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2017 at 9:11pm
Looks great
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2017 at 7:07pm
HAWG
Kathryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2017 at 8:10pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic