Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone around Tennessee?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone around Tennessee?
    Posted: March 12 2002 at 1:35pm
Hey all. I`m new to the area so if anyone is familiar with Knoxville I`d love to know. Don`t know of any good hairdressers and also any general hair talk and advice would be great. So just let me know!!!!

Traci
A wish is a desire without any attempt to attain its end.
Dusty View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2002 at 12:07pm
Hey Traci,
I grew up around Nashville and went to school at UT in Knoxville but always went home to get my haircut. I live in Birmingham now but just wanted to say hi and would love to discuss general hair talk anytime you like :) I personally favor the ultra-short styles (on the right woman). What about you ?
Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2002 at 1:25pm
I`m actually in the process of trying to grow my hair long. I have been considering lately about cutting it but my face isn`t conducive to the short styles. I just look like a big beach ball. It`s always neat to hear from people that went here to. I`ve only been here for a short while now because of grad school. I`m originally from Iowa and have just been scheduling appts. with my hairdress whenever I have a break to go home but after this may I`ll be graduating and won`t be able to do that as much so I`m just looking for a salon that has a good rep and I can trust. Man, what did you think of the humidity? We had it bad sometimes back at home but this is ridiculous.

Traci
The Queen of Corn
Dusty View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2002 at 1:14pm
I see. Have you had it short before ? Usually with a rounder face, you have to go extremely short with your hair or leave it longer like you`re talking about. What type of style are you looking at ? Yes, the humidity around here is horrible...makes keeping any hairstyle looking good very hard; especially long hair. I`ve given up on mine and just going with the military look :p Easier for a guy to do that, huh !? That`s cool that you`re in grad school ! What are you going for, M.B.A. ? You planning on staying in the East TN area or going back to the birhtplace of wrestling ;) hehe, the only reason I say that is b\c I wrestled from jr. high through college (UT had a club team back then) and know Iowa is THE powerhouse. Anyhow, I don`t want to take up too much room on this bored all at once so have a good weekend and hope to hear from you again soon !
Dusty View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2002 at 1:17pm
p.s.- one more thing, my aunt is a hairstylist in Nashville and I`ll ask her the next time I see her or email her if she knows of any reputable people out your way that she`s met at a hair show or heard by word of mouth or something. Laterz !
Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2002 at 3:53pm
I did have my hair pretty short about two years ago. It was about 2 inches at the longest point. Now it`s about a few inches below my shoulders. I`m trying to grow it long and just want a basic styles. But basically what I want is someone who can help me figure out what regime I need to do. I`ve tried so many things and I don`t know what works anymore. They all seem to make it too flat and limp and then sometimes just frizzy and dry. I have indecisive hair.
I`m actually at UT for Clinical Social Work. Today is the start of our spring break too! I just got done taking my comps exam and so ready to relax. Might be heading to Georgia for a few days to go kayaking and just camp. Not sure yet. That would be really great if you can talk to your aunt. I don`t know anybody here. All my friends cut their own hair so that doesn`t help. But I need to go. Food is calling. Until later!
Dusty View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2002 at 4:30pm
Hey again :) Now that two inch all over hair style you used to have sounds kinda cool...that`s almost short enough ;) How about that again ? lol, j\k. Or ever thought about a high back wedge or is your hair too thin ? Anyway. hope you`re enjoying your spring break and having fun in Ga. if you decided to go camping and kayaking. I talked to my aunt last night and wanted to let you know know that the name of that hair salon is 7th Dimension Hair Design she thinks and the lady that she knows there is named Jen or Jenny. Time to get the weekend started for me I guess so I`m gonna get. Give me a shout when you get back from break; talk to ya soon !!
Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2002 at 10:02am
Sorry Hon, but the only thing that`s going to be that short for a while is my bangs. I`m actually trying to grow my hair out so I can donate it to charity later on. It`s something I`ve wanted to do for a few years now and finally just decided to do it. Didn`t go to Georgia. Went home instead and had a highly productive week of sitting around watching television and shopping. I think the down time was just what I needed. Thanks for the name of that place. I`ll be scheduling an appt before my graduation. When did you graduate from UT? I don`t think you`ve ever really said.

Traci

Hope you had a fun filled weekend
Dusty View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2002 at 10:06am
Well that sounds like a nice idea to me :) (donating your hair that is) I just don`t see how people put up with long hair. I haven`t the patience or the time. lol Anyway, let me know how it goes with the new stylist... Sorry you didn`t make it down to Ga. last weekend but ya gotta LOVE those highly productive trip home though ! I know exactly what you mean, fun fun. So when do you graduate from UT ? No, I never told you when I graduated but I actually transferred down here to UAB and graduated from here. I was at UT in `92-`93 and then came down here for my now ex-wife. Well study hard and I guess I will talk to you soon. bye !
Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2002 at 2:20pm
I`ve been meaning to write forever but everytime I get on the computer I forget something I need to do. I thought after mu comprehensive exam it was supposed to get easier. Instead it`s just tons of busy work that isn`t helping. I swear I`m losing my brain. I just keep forgetting everything. Yesterday it was my keys, today honestly I almost forgot to put shoes on before I left the apartment. Luckily for me I only made it a few steps. Well hopely, if i survive, i`ll be graduating from UT in about a month. April 25th to be exact is my last day of classes and then I`m headin to Merlefest. Couldn`t afford it but it`s my graduation gift to myself.
By the way, long hair it pretty easy if you just tie it up most of the time. I`ve just gotten used to it because it was useful in those cold midwestern winters for keeping my neck warm. So anyways, until next time!!

Happy Easter too

Traci
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic