Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair color expiration info - hth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1337 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair color expiration info - hth
    Posted: November 05 2013 at 5:07am
Hi all,

This has just happened to me and I thought some of you would benefit from this info :

Hair color tubes normally have a shelf life of some 3-5 years, optimal storage would with the cap screwed on tightly, in a cool and dark place (fridge is ok, NOT freezer), dito peroxide (shake well before you use next).

I just had one tube that expired - the tube was inflated and bulkier than normal (especially the end), also, considering most tubes are filled from the back, if you gently squeeze the end of the tube and feel like there's air in it = it's expired and the content has oxidized (which creates gas in the tube).

Expired peroxide would loose its strength gradually, if your color seems to wash off too fast (and you know it was not the shampoo), check the line of demarcation at the roots, where the color would have lifted the natural pigment. If there is no line of demarcation, or it is darker than what you would normally get with the same % peroxide = your peroxide expired.

HTH :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic